Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Tina07Fl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Looking for recommendations/options for my 17 daughter (she's primarily a contemporary dancer.) Has anyone attended The Dance Sessions, Camp Protege, Gen IV, Jacob's Pillow??  
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I've heard great things about Gen IV but my D has never attended.  I have also heard really good things about NYCDA Summer Intensive as well.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Jacob's Pillow is very competitive for acceptance. If she's been accepted to one of the Jacob's Pillow intensives, I would send her. 
Motherhem

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #4 
I agree with tendumom. Jacob’s pillow is very competitive and I hear it is a good SI
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Definitely Jacob's Pillow if that is an option - I'm from the ballet world so I'm not familiar with many non-ballet SIs but I do know that Jacob's Pillow is a phenomenal program.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I have heard many great things about the Dance Sessions!! We were thinking of sending DD but it is so far away from home (we are in Ca) and DD is deathly afraid of taking planes, especially by herself [frown]
threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
American Dance Festival!  My 17 yo is returning there this summer.  It's a really fantastic program and the pre-professional program is for 13-17 year-olds so won't be as much of a reach as Jacob's Pillow.  If your dd will be 18 by the summer the six week college-level intensive is another great option.

I think their live auditions are past now, but you can audition via video until April 1st., I think.

Happy to answer questions about the program, although the website info is pretty detailed.

http://www.americandancefestival.org/education/pre-professional-dance-intensive/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.