Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SuzieQ

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I should mention I usually IM with her at least three times a day with the occasional text/phone call/skype.  Thank goodness for all this technology.  I try not to worry if she's traveling and I don't hear from her for a full day, though it's hard.  LOL!  I told her I need to hear something at least once a day from Istanbul.  Even if it's just posting on her FB.
jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Oh, I hope she gets to see the Hegia Sophia and the Grand Bazaar. Is there a limit on her cards? That place has some serious shopping therapy available!
SuzieQ

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Jeanne4379 have you been?  Those are in her plans.  I can't wait to see what I get for Christmas this year.  Between shopping in Italy, Germany, Istanbul, Paris and London.  I can't wait to see all the goodies.  We did make sure that she had some disposable income for her shopping needs. 
SuzieQ

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
DD is home safe and sound with tons of stories and pictures.  It truly was an opportunity of a lifetime.  I'm a little afraid she has acquired wanderlust!     I'm one proud MOM!  She handled every issue and problem and became a much stronger and accomplished young lady.
jeanne4379

Triple Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #30 
SuzieQ, oh how I wish I'd been there.  I have taken a ton of college classes in art history, mid-Eastern & russian history and some poli sci classes as well. I am saving up for a trip to start in Instanbul and proceed to Budapest, then up to Vienna, Copenhagen and then to Scotland (at least in the last two countries we have family we can bunk down with). I have some serious shopping to do on the Isle of Skye (Harris tweed jacket & dress and maybe a kilt in Clan Donald tartan). It'll cost a bundle and my money tree is dead as an iron post. 
pinnellmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Glad she had such a good experience.  My DD loves to travel too and may be going to India this summer for dance.
pzsmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Although this is a very old thread, I live in Paris, so I thought I'd reply.  The main "drop-in" school in Paris is Rick Odums up near the metro Clichy. The website is partially translated into English. They offer all kinds of dance -- tho are perhaps best-known for jazz.  Currently 15 euros for a class, less if you buy a block of 10. The website is http://www.centre-rick-odums.com/.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.