Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know we should use DD's home studio - with the help of an instructor - to assist with a video audition. However, her home studio has its own 6-week SI and, to be honest, I don't think it would go over well for us to ask if they'll help. Not to mention, the $100 per hour private fee is excessive, IMO.

Have you ever heard of studios assisting with this even if the dancer does not attend that studio? As I type this it does sound ridiculous, but this year in dance has been a bit ridiculous, so I'm throwing it out there.

ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I haven't, but if you pay someone enough, I'm sure you can find help.  Just so you know, most of the time, it doesn't have to be professional. I'm not sure what you are using it for, but dd got her contract offer from OBT from a crappy iPhone video.  As long as it's clear and they can see her whole body, it's really not that important to be professionally done.  
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I'll echo that. Dd also got her in person auditions for companies from iphone videos taped in the studio by a friend or on her tripod (ie done by herself). 

We did once pay one of her teachers to do an SI audition video. It took a very long time. I think we paid about $95 for the hour, though it really took more like 2 hours. Anytime dd needed a video after that, she just did it herself or with friends. 

If your dd has a concept of what to do for each combination asked for, maybe you just need a studio rental? Note that if they do not specify, they do not need to see both sides. Keep it clean and show off her technique. 

Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
For this particular audition it is extremely specific.

Fortunately, I can rent studio space for $20/hr five minutes from my house. It sounds like it will be worth a try.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
For that amount, I would definitely give it a try.  If you're not happy with it, you can find other options.  
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My DD's friend worked with our ballet teacher for a video audition. Her mom just booked a private with the teacher to go over the moves then corrected the during the video. The teacher held the private at a different studio she teaches, not at our home studio. They edited the video, removed the teachers voice and replaced with a music. 

If it's that specific, I would work with a teacher. iPhone video is good enough and picture quality is not as important as how your DD is performing the required moves, IMO.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.