Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
tapmom40

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi! I'm looking for an uplifting, positive, studio near the Hickory, NC area. I'm willing to drive up to an hour for the right fit. Must offer upper level tap & have competition team. Looking for sprung flooring and emphasis on technique, with DT's that get up & move with students. Thanks!!!
MMTwins2002

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Ann Freeman Dance Academy is in Hickory, NC. We compete against them from time to time. They seem to have competitive, well rounded dancers. I don't know about the flooring.
2love2dance

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Extravadance and Tumble in Kernersville, NC seems to have a strong Tap program. I believe Kernersville is close to Hickory.
marabbit

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Dancers Edge in Kernersville.  I think it is about 1 hour maybe slightly more though.  I have friends that started there this year.  They are making a 2+ hour drive to go there and are very happy with the studio  for everything, technique, teachers and facility. 
momtotapcate

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I looked and you're about an hour from Charlotte. There are many options there, including Ms Donna's.
mdsdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
You are about an hour from Charlotte, there are tons of studios there. I'm happy to give you specifics about some if you're interested.
tapmom40

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm very interested in studios located in Charlotte if you have specifics, thank you mdsdmom.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Barbie's Encore Dance Productions is outside of Charlotte (Gaston County). My DD loves it there! But mdsdmom is right, there are lots of great options in and around Charlotte.
tapmom40

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you! I will check it out!
mdsdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Dance Productions is amazing they are more north in Charlotte and might be closer to you than some of the others in South Charlotte. Rhythm has a very very good tap program- they are in Matthews and DDs former tap teacher is there. Dance Specialties is on Belmont- might be slightly closer to you not sure about their tap though. Dd is at Miss Donna's and we have a very strong tap program as well- probably a good hour from you though. I'm happy to tell you what I know about any of the studios around here- all have pros and cons and I've been around the comp scene in this area for 15 years so I've seen a lot of it!
tapmom40

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsdmom
Dance Productions is amazing they are more north in Charlotte and might be closer to you than some of the others in South Charlotte. Rhythm has a very very good tap program- they are in Matthews and DDs former tap teacher is there. Dance Specialties is on Belmont- might be slightly closer to you not sure about their tap though. Dd is at Miss Donna's and we have a very strong tap program as well- probably a good hour from you though. I'm happy to tell you what I know about any of the studios around here- all have pros and cons and I've been around the comp scene in this area for 15 years so I've seen a lot of it!

Thank you! I'll take all the info you're willing to share!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: