Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hotcocoamomma

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all. We just moved from Texas, and are looking for a pre pro ballet school and a competition studio. We would prefer a smaller comp studio, if you have any suggestions please PM me. I am willing to commute to Powell or Worthington, and we were looking at a few there. I just realized I should clarify, we are in Delaware, Ohio, not the state, sorry. Thank you[biggrin]
Amomofonedancer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Northpointe Dance Academy is very good. They seem to focus on ballet and contemporary.   Good technique.  Niece went there and was a solid dancer.  My dd competed against them several times and we also watched their recitals.  As an audience member, I did notice that they had the same girls in feature parts and in the front all the time.  It made it kind of boring to watch.  At my dd's studio, choreographers mix it up more. For example, if many girls can do a triple, they wont put the same strong dancers in the front all the time because others can do a triple as well as the top dancers.  Certainly makes it more interesting to watch.  

Here is a number we saw when my dd was younger that showcases their contemporary.

This girl went on to Julliard.
hotcocoamomma

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you. The reason we are hesitant on sending dd there is the size of it. A close friend of our's daughter competes there, and she gets no attention, and her mom has told me how hard it is to be noticed there.
pixxistikk

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Revolution Dance Company is in Powell if you haven't found at studio yet.
Oglefresh

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Generations PAC in Westerville. Run by two sisters ( one a former Rockette ) who emphasize family within the studio and Christian values. They train high caliber girls and their Christmas show is on par with Radio City Hall Rockette Christmas performances.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.