Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
amf123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all- First time posting. My family is moving to San Diego this summer and I'm on the hunt for a studio for DD, who will be 14. She started out at a comp studio with not so great training, so this year we made the switch to a ballet studio. Her improvement has been off the charts and she doesn't miss the comp scene at all, thankfully.

She definitely wants a career in dance, but not ballet specifically. She does love ballet, and she wants plenty of ballet training because she knows it makes her a better dancer, but her true love is contemporary and modern. Anyone from the area have studio recommendations for us? She doesn't feel the need to go back to competing but she does love to perform. At her current studio, the company is performance only, and Its the perfect balance for her. She basically just wants a studio with excellent training and where she can dance a ton of hours. She likes to pretty much live at the studio.

Also, does anyone here have any first hand knowledge or experience with the performing arts high school in San Diego? Not sure if it's even an option for her since auditions were in October, I believe, but wanted to at least look into it.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Check out Danceology! They are in San Diego. They post tons of videos on instagram. They are incredible a offer incredible training. They are at a ton of conventions we got to, and their comp team is amazing. I know your DD said she doesn't want to compete, but i would really check them out. A mom friend of mine has her DD who is 17 attend there. She is not on their comp team and is an independent dancer. As far as I have seen, they offer really intense training that is ballet focused. 
amf123

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, I'll definitely check them out! She hasn't completely ruled out competition, as long as the training is good, so we're keeping an open mind.
madunit29

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi. I can tell you a great school. They have dance classes for different return categories. I think your daughter will like it very much. 
 https://www.farfallafitness.com/

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.