Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter is on her high schools varsity dance team and for there spring show they have a clinic so that younger girls learn a dance in the morning and perform in the show later that night. My DD is in charge of 4th and 5th grade and she isn't sure of music to use and asked for suggestions, it has to be fun and jazzy and be able to have easy choreo for the girls who sign up but aren't in dance on a regular basis! Thanks so much I just don't know what that age group is into, DD was thinking "How far I'll go" from Moana but we are open to many suggestions
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
How about Cheerleader?  It's a fun song that has easy visuals.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Hand Clap would work well for this. 
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Turn on the pop radio station and that's what they are listening too. My girl's future high school does the same for cheer and dance team. It's very basic choreo. No leaps; maybe a 3 step turn; mostly arms, kicks and hip movements. All big, slower movements. "Shake your groove thing" " Cheerleader" "Eye of the Tiger" "Let's get it started"
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My DD's dance team does the same. The little ones are broken up into different groups depending on age, so there are usually at least three separate dances taught. They pick a theme. So far, they've done Ariana Grande songs one year and Teen Beach Movie songs another year.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.