Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Any recommendations for getting rid of the stink of dance shoes that actually works. I have bought the sneaker balls that have done nothing. Thanks.

My daughter does shower everyday and wears socks with her tap shoes and hip hop shoes.
JulieDB

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We bought some dried lavender flowers and tied them up into little squares of that net fabric that tutus are made out of. Used ribbon to tie them shut. They do need to be replaced every few months because they will loose their scent. But they do work very well.

StepLeap

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Along the line of what Julie said, Uncle Ba Ba's sachets (Discount Dance has them) absorb moisture and odor in the shoes. Have her take the shoes out of her dance bag each night so they can properly air out.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Armour-Disinfectant-Spray-Shoes/dp/B01N8XZHFT

See the link for Nature's Armour Disinfectant Spray. This is the only thing that has actually taken the smell out! I even used it successfully in old Uggs.

dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Any of this work on pointe shoes?!!!!
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
With pointe shoes it is even more important to dry them fully after wearing.  This means pulling them out of the dance bag and letting them air dry for at least 24 hours, ideally longer.  This will also increase their useful life.  If you are wearing pads with the pointe shoes, washing the pads regularly will decrease the stink factor for the bag and the shoes in my experience.  I toss DD's pads in the wash machine once a week and let them air dry.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
dave9988, yes the Nature's Armour Disinfectant Spray was recommended by a company member for pointe shoes - and it is sold by a local fitter for that purpose.  But they also insisted I get the mesh bag for the pointe shoes to help them dry.  Dd hooked the mesh bag to the outside of her normal dance bag which seems to work pretty well.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.