Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Those who went to Star Systems this year, can you share your schedules? We go in two weeks, Mother's Day weekend, and I'm trying to get a sense of when my girls might dance. I know each regional is different but a general idea is all I'm looking for [smile] If it helps any my daughters will dance in the Tiny age division - large group, Junior - solo, small and large group and Teen - large group. Junior and teen routines will be in the super star level. 
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We were at Star Systems the weekend before Easter.   There were 800 entries at our regional in Chicago.

Friday
*Junior Solos - started 8:00 am Friday morning and went until 4:00 pm.  
*Friday night was senior solos and duets/trios

Saturday
*Tiny Solos were first thing in the morning, followed by Mini/Junior Duets/Trios.  
*The afternoon was mini and junior large groups and lines including productions
*Evening was mini and junior small groups

Sunday
*Teen and Senior groups during the day
*Teen solos in the evening

dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
That looks reasonably consistent with what little I know of the Rochester NY Star Systems schedule.
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Damn. I'm really hoping to avoid pulling her out of school again. This will be the 3rd comp this year that we'll have had to do that. And it looks like no Mother's Day brunch Bloody Mary for me [frown] 
mtuttle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Mother's Day weekend we are not expecting the event to be that large, so go for the brunch and Bloody Mary.  The staff would probably like "to go" boxes for the brunch not the Bloody Mary's.
kristenbrown0082

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We attended Star Systems regionals in Indianapolis in early April. Ours started with mini solos, duets/trios Friday at 4pm. Junior solos that night too.
Saturday morning were Junior duet/trios. All day Saturday was junior small groups, large groups, lines and productions.
Sunday was Teen and Senior solos, duet/trios, small & large groups, lines. Awards on Sunday weren't until about 11pm. We still had quite a bit of a drive home and school the next morning.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We are going this weekend and our schedule looks very similar to jackilvsmath:

Friday
Mini/Junior Solos and Mini/Junior Title approx 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM 
Teen/Senior Shooting Star Solos approx 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM

Saturday
Tiny Solos and Mini/Junior Duets/Trios approx 7:00 AM - 12:30 PM 
Mini/Junior small & large groups and lines approx 1:30 PM - 11:00 PM

Sunday
Teen/Senior groups during the day
Teen solos in the evening
TomboyRaisingaDancer

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We went to Star Systems in Columbus, and it felt like they really should have cut off entries way earlier than they actually did. They had solos starting super early on Friday, and the awards went crazy-late (after midnight on Saturday night, and that was for mini's and junior's.. insane). The venue was terrible, to boot. 

We went to Star Systems in the same city a couple of years ago, and had a very positive experience (plus, a much better venue). I would like to think that the experience we had this year was a rarity for them. 
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomboyRaisingaDancer
We went to Star Systems in Columbus, and it felt like they really should have cut off entries way earlier than they actually did. They had solos starting super early on Friday, and the awards went crazy-late (after midnight on Saturday night, and that was for mini's and junior's.. insane). The venue was terrible, to boot. 

We went to Star Systems in the same city a couple of years ago, and had a very positive experience (plus, a much better venue). I would like to think that the experience we had this year was a rarity for them. 

I second that! We were also there! It was terrible. The competition itself was okay(besides a certain studio that I will not name that was VERY CLEARY abusing the levels). Just not a good location/scheduling/amount of entries combo at all. It was our first time, and our last. They WAY overbooked.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: