Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I can't find anything online, and so far my calls have gone unanswered.

Does anyone know if Star Systems offers photo/video at every regional, and if so, do they offer discounted a "studio package" where you get all the studio's dances instead of purchasing things ala carte? 

I assume they do not allow audience members to record or photograph.  Perhaps I should dress in camo and sneak in my equipment?!!
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We were at Star Systems last weekend.   They do offer photo and video at the regional.  At the Chicago regional last weekend it was through Platoon.  They do offer a studio package of all dances from a particular studio, you just need to talk to the person at the table.   I never specifically asked for our studio but a lady next to me did and they had 116 total dances for their studio and if 25 people were in for the package, I think it was $75 per person and the more people the lower price.  I think 50 people was like $60 per person or something like that.  

That being said, I was not super pleased with the pictures by this company.  They took 110 shots during my daughter's solo.  I would say that about 20 of them were blurry and another 20 were just downright awful.  It was the same for her duet.  But, later in the weekend (our mini line) - very few of the pictures were blurry - so maybe it was just that the photographer needed time to get everything right.  So definitely look at the pictures in several dances before deciding to buy.

Hope that helps.
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh - and they DO NOT allow photos or video and announced this MANY times during the competition.
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The stage has terrible lighting, resulting in some really dark photo and video. The video quality I've heard was TERRIBLE and the photos were not good. Star systems uses Platoon for all comeptition cities. They're ridiculously expensive for what you get. If you get the opportunity, I would recommend buying photos at a different event.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.