Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hsealover

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have any experience competiting at Star Systems? DD is competiting there in Columbus the weekend of March 31-April 2. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews and we haven't attended before. Any ideas on what to expect or anything we should know before going? Feel free to share experiences as well!
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Awards used to be pretty late back when we used to go. And very loud. The music seems to get louder as the day goes on. Bring earplugs and/or Excedrin if the volume tends to get with you. The days can be exceptionally long.
hsealover

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyarg
Awards used to be pretty late back when we used to go. And very loud. The music seems to get louder as the day goes on. Bring earplugs and/or Excedrin if the volume tends to get with you. The days can be exceptionally long.

Thank you! Noted, I'll be sure to keep that in mind as we pack. I'll be more worried about my DD, she's 14, but she's very sensory sensitive. Good news is she's only doing 2 groups and 2 solos so she won't have to be in the auditorium all day. She's really sensitive to loud noises, which is actually pretty funny because her best styles are tap and clog. Anyways, how late did awards (usually) start? The venue is only about an hour(ish) away from our house, just trying to plan ahead haha.
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Def very loud but this is one of my favorite comps.  Well run, on time, professional.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Fair judging, well organized, friendly staff but it ran late. It took them a minute to get the next dancer onstage. Add that to hundreds of dances and you are running behind. I remember awards being long too. Bring a book.
HTownDanceMom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We LOVE Star Systems! I agree with ChelleB70...on-time or a bit early, well run and they are fair in judging.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: