Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancemom02
At DDs old studio getting spray tanned was required. SO wanted all of the girls to look the same. They also had to have their hair cut a certain length. The SO spraytanned them herself and they always looked super orange and it would get super clingy on certain parts of their bodies and I just thought it looked terrible. I have asked DD now that we're at a new studio if she ever wants to get a spray tan before competitions. She always says no. I think she's traumatized lol. Also does anyone's studios not let them have tan lines? Or be sunburnt?

Oh my! The orange! No wonder she is traumatized!
My DD loves the machine, VersaSpa, because you can pick light, medium, or dark. You can also pick the different undertones to better match your natural color. I have to say it looks good when done. I sound like an infomercial, but we have had good luck with it!
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I've never heard anyone in our area talk about spray tans for dance.  DD is at a ballet school but we do have friends at competition schools and she has taken classes at some.  SO at the ballet school did mention all the sunburns before the last performance, which was a week after school let out.  I imagine if she'd mentioned it a few weeks earlier people would have tried to avoid the tan/burn lines.  DD is so pale I was looking at a picture from a while ago and wondering why she was wearing tights with her shorts.  She generally likes she her tights asap after ballet class.  She wasn't wearing tights, she is just that pale.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #28 
DS is very pale.  They had a partner from Venezuela and when they met her mother the mother's comment was  "You are the whitest white boy I have ever met".  I found it kind of rude but he is almost paper white.  WE are Irish and he has the Black Irish colouring.
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
No studios ever asked us or mentioned it ,but we are from Florida. At Nationals because its usually at a beach, the DT did ask the girls to be careful in the sun and avoid tan lines but that didnt always work out.
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

That's horrible. I would be out of there in a heartbeat!

Wondering if I saw this studio this week. Everyone was blonde and DD noted one particular bad dye job on a teen.

Spray tans everywhere.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.