Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
azdancemom1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We are headed for the first time to spotlight for their nationals and my dd is on the elite team as well as doing title. Any feedback on your experience or advice would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
DD has done both of those extras at Spotlight nationals. It's a lot of fun and she has enjoyed getting to know the other dancers from other studios. Be prepared for some late nights and early mornings. There are lots of extra rehearsals. I'm assuming you've been given the information for the extra clothing she needs to bring, but just in case ... For the interview, she will need a nice outfit, maybe the type of thing she would wear to church. Last year dd wore a nice romper and heels. For the title promenade, she will need a fancy dress. Most girls wore the sort of dress that would be worn to a high school formal or homecoming dance. A few girls wore long dresses, but most wore short. For the opening number, she will be given a shirt but will need to bring black booty shorts and probably something to wear under the shirt like a black sports bra. Most people rhinestone the shirt they are given, so bring rhinestones and glue. Some of the younger kids go all out with lots of bling, while the older kids tend to keep it simple.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. DD has done it three times.
azdancemom1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktyyyyyyy
DD has done both of those extras at Spotlight nationals. It's a lot of fun and she has enjoyed getting to know the other dancers from other studios. Be prepared for some late nights and early mornings. There are lots of extra rehearsals. I'm assuming you've been given the information for the extra clothing she needs to bring, but just in case ... For the interview, she will need a nice outfit, maybe the type of thing she would wear to church. Last year dd wore a nice romper and heels. For the title promenade, she will need a fancy dress. Most girls wore the sort of dress that would be worn to a high school formal or homecoming dance. A few girls wore long dresses, but most wore short. For the opening number, she will be given a shirt but will need to bring black booty shorts and probably something to wear under the shirt like a black sports bra. Most people rhinestone the shirt they are given, so bring rhinestones and glue. Some of the younger kids go all out with lots of bling, while the older kids tend to keep it simple.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. DD has done it three times.

Wow thank you that is a lot of great information! She was told by the SO long prom dress, is that to much for the gala?
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdancemom1

Wow thank you that is a lot of great information! She was told by the SO long prom dress, is that to much for the gala?

A long dress is fine too. More wore short than long at our nationals last year, but there were certainly girls with long dresses. We were in Anaheim. Which nationals are you doing? Styles may very by region as well.
azdancemom1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We are doing the Las Vegas Nationals.
Thank you so much for all of your help and advice!
Cookmomx3

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We were at Anaheim last year and will be at Las Vegas this year as well! My niece won Junior title last year and wore a short dress. But maybe your SO wants long gowns? It is a fun and looong and crazy week! The final extravaganza is crazy - be prepared. The line was ridiculous to get into the room for seating. I hope it's much better planned out this year in Vegas. They also have a blacklight party. You will get a tshirt with your elite/title packet. Most of the kids cut the shirts and decorated with neon paint and glow in the dark stuff! So be sure and bring some fun things to decorate with! I do believe they sell "glow decoration packs" if you would rather! It's a great comp and there are going to be some amazing studios there!!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.