Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
LOTS of things happened, lol. But the particular thing I was referring to, in January, DD's previous studio started their production. The number was called God's Not Dead(as you can imagine, the entire dance was about it). DD is nonreligious, which I think is fine, I'm not going to force her into a religion even if I myself am a Christian. Long story short, SO tried to basically harass her into being a Christian and told the entire team how terrible people who weren't Christians were and all sorts of things. DD wanted out so badly(she actually wanted to leave before this, but she said she wanted to tough it out the rest of the season because she would be effecting so many groups). Which, is not why we left mid season, other things happened, but we were going to leave after recital because of this and many other things. SO kinda went off her rocker this year, not sure what caused that, all I know is a lot of people left this summer.

DD has nothing against any religion, she just personally doesn't believe in it. In fact, she thinks its great for someone to have something to believe in. But after that experience, never again will she do a religious dance, she used to just tough it out, but I think its in her best interest to avoid that for now, lol. Which works out, DD's new teacher doesn't like to do dances about that unless its for a solo so it suits everyone.

Btw, when we saw that dance at competition this season, it was ROUGH. It made me and several other people very uncomfortable. It left people talking about it the rest of the day, and not in a good way. Almost of the dances were, DD definitely wasn't missing out.

Edited to fix a typo.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsealover
LOTS of things happened, lol. But the particular thing I was referring to, in January, DD's previous studio started their production. The number was called God's Not Dead(as you can imagine, the entire dance was about it). DD is nonreligious, which I think is fine, I'm not going to force her into a religion even if I myself am a Christian. Long story short, SO tried to basically harass her into being a Christian and told the entire team how terrible people who weren't Christians were and all sorts of things. DD wanted out so badly(she actually wanted to leave before this, but she said she wanted to tough it out the rest of the season because she would be effecting so many groups). Which, is not why we left mid season, other things happened, but we were going to leave after recital because of this and many other things. SO kinda went off her rocker this year, not sure what caused that, all I know is a lot of people left this summer.

DD has nothing against any religion, she just personally doesn't believe in it. In fact, she thinks its great for someone to have something to believe in. But after that experience, never again will she do a religious dance, she used to just tough it out, but I think its in her best interest to avoid that for now, lol. Which works out, DD's new teacher doesn't like to do dances about that unless its for a solo so it suits everyone.

Btw, when we saw that dance at competition this season, it was ROUGH. It made me and several other people very uncomfortable. It left people talking about it the rest of the day, and not in a good way. Almost of the dances were, DD definitely wasn't missing out.

Edited to fix a typo.

Yikes that's a bold move. I don't blame either of you. Glad you've moved on! Religion and politics - keep to yourself- lol.
Noel

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I'm sorry to hear that, hsealover, but glad you worked your way through that storm. <3
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks guys! We really do appreciate the support.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: