Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Friends [smile], I was wondering if any of you have had any experience going to Soul De Soul Convention or Intensive? It is run by Kenzie Crosley and I found out about it a couple months ago when she came to our home studio for a master class and gave away a few scholarships to her convention when she was here. DD didn't receive a scholarship, but it got me thinking and researching her program. It seems like a very unique dance experience, very small class sizes, with the entirety (mini-seniors) totaling 200 dancers per city. Individual attention seems to be given a lot from what i can tell. Another unique thing about her conventions and intensives is their performance opportunities. They do not have a competition, rather, you pay to preform your dance in a room with the judges. No costume, makeup, or hair. You just preform your dance and then you get to go over to the table of judges and they give you written and verbal critiques. Now, I hope I am understanding this right [rofl] but if i am, This seems like quite an invaluable experience. For us, Soul De Soul comes to our city early in the season, which would make it even better for DD to get feedback like this before she even preforms her solo on a stage. 

Anyone have any experience with this convention? I believe it is still quite new but I wanted to put it out there!
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I just looked at their website, I like the vibe! They don't come anywhere close to us, the nearest city is about a 7-8 hour drive.
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5678StarMom
I just looked at their website, I like the vibe! They don't come anywhere close to us, the nearest city is about a 7-8 hour drive.

They have limited cities thats the bad part!! 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.