Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancers96and98

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone!  I have not been here for along time.  My son started dancing at about 8 years old, went to a competitive studio, took extra ballet whenever we had the chance, ending up being accepted into 5 of the 6 colleges he applied for, decided on NYU Tisch School of the Arts, went to study abroad last summer, auditioned at Moulin Rouge, was offered a job on the spot, they waited for him to graduate NYU and now he lives in Paris.

I know a lot of people want answers to questions that we cannot answer.  You just never know what will happen at college auditions and beyond.  My son is an awesome contemporary dancer and he has a job where he does not dance contemporary at all.  But it's a GREAT job and he is loving every minute of it.  You just can't predict the future and the outcome of each dancers goals.  BUT if your dancer works real hard and takes the corrections that the teachers and judges give them, they can make their dreams come true.

I'm so happy that this board exists because I have received some GREAT advice here.  But just remember that nobody can tell you what colleges your child can get into and if they have what it takes to be a professional dancer.  You never know what the person who is running the audition is looking for.  I do know that you have to take a lot of ballet and work on improving whenever you have a chance, because my son has been at auditions that ask for this.

Good luck to everyone - I hope you achieve your goals!

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow! That's exciting! Always nice to hear of a dancer actually moving from student to paid professional as we know it doesn't happen all that often. Congratulations!

Have you gone to see him dance yet? Dd is now suddenly dreaming of dancing in Europe some day.
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
That's great! I would love to hear more about dancing with the Moulin Rouge.💃🏻
nyklane

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
How exciting!
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Congrats to your son!

Thank you for sharing.
NYFamily

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Congrats!! So amazing!
Dancers96and98

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
Wow! That's exciting! Always nice to hear of a dancer actually moving from student to paid professional as we know it doesn't happen all that often. Congratulations!

Have you gone to see him dance yet? Dd is now suddenly dreaming of dancing in Europe some day.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.