Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
How many costumes can fit on the rack? My daughter will have 9.

Does anyone have the recital bag?
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
The Recital is similar in size to the medium Dream Duffel so I have no doubt the rack will hold all of your costumes.  But, the website says it will "give and sway" because the bag is collapsible.  I wonder if that will make it unable to hold as much because it's too wobbly.  It would be so nice to have  a bag that has a smaller footprint when you're at home but will you really unpack everything out of it between every competition?  If not, you might consider the medium Dream Duffel.  

Right now, our medium Dream Duffel is sitting in the middle of the living room.  I just got it back from the luggage repair.  I bought it used for $50 but have replaced the telescoping handle, some of the feet on the bottom, the plastic pieces that hold the bar on the rack, and just had the cloth handles sewn (one a repair and one just to reinforce to avoid a future repair) totaling about $40.  I am about to sell it.  Am I out of line asking the $50 I paid for the used bag? 

Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
If you were in Connecticut I would buy it. I would sell it for sure.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I know people who have crammed 9 costumes into a small DD. I can get 20 into my medium... lol. Not suggesting it, lol 
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKDAD
I know people who have crammed 9 costumes into a small DD. I can get 20 into my medium... lol. Not suggesting it, lol 

I am one of those people, lol. Seriously, you can fit a lot more in a small than they say on their website. 
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
How many can you habg on the rack? I am looking to get 8 to 9.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleemom9
How many can you habg on the rack? I am looking to get 8 to 9.

Definitely can get that many on the rack. It's the garment bags that take up room and make it heavy. I have a co-dance mom who uses a small for her 2 daughters, just doesn't use the garment bags. She puts accessories in a small zipper case.I'm certain she has about 14 costumes.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Also - I was able to fit 12 with garment bags in my medium dream duffle. I just couldn't put much else in there and carried everything else separately.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5678StarMom
Definitely can get that many on the rack. It's the garment bags that take up room and make it heavy. I have a co-dance mom who uses a small for her 2 daughters, just doesn't use the garment bags. She puts accessories in a small zipper case.I'm certain she has about 14 costumes.

Agree. We usually put 2 costumes per garment bag to save room. I've had at least 8 on the rack several times with no problems. We've had ours since 2012.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you everyone! Now to find a deal.
Rushhourmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I have both. Definitely prefer the small DD over the recital. You can fit 9 in it just fine especially if she's young/little.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Is the recital not as sturdy?
Rushhourmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Is the recital not as sturdy?

It's just as sturdy. The regular DD always also sway a little.

What it is is a huge pain to assemble. It requires basically emptying the bag once you get to your location, removing the liner on the ends and using tiny easy to lose set screws to attach the side bars. Every single time. And disassembly is the same. It's nowhere near as quick and easy as the regular extendable DD.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I totally get this and can picture it being a pain. Such a shame because some of the features like the fold down and higher bar are so great.
Rushhourmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
I totally get this and can picture it being a pain. Such a shame because some of the features like the fold down and higher bar are so great.

Yes! That's why I bought it. I assumed it could be assembled and kept assembled until I wanted to store it. I assumed it was retracting unlike the Pack 2 Rack. If I wanted a folding bag the Pack 2 Rack is way easier to assemble than the Recital and also super tall and it has a great bottle holder and more useful cover storage.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.