Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I have 7 costumes next year. Small dream duffle?
2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleemom9
I have 7 costumes next year. Small dream duffle?

I have used a small for years. The first year my DD had 9 routines. You will be fine! I even use their gusset garment bag (regular size) and have fit up to 6 costumes in the garment bag. Our costumes are always simple, as is our hair and makeup. My DD can get a blanket, small pillow, and her backpack filled w/ her school work in the dream duffel. We carry our food in a small cooler. 

If I had known we would do fewer and fewer routines over the years, I would have gotten a carry on size.
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I just bought a small the other day for the upcoming dance season. My DD8, almost 9, will have 5 groups next season plus her ballet solo (I already know the solo costume will go in a tutu bag). Based on the replies here I feel very confident in my purchase. This past season she completed in 3 groups and 1 duo so the most costumes I had packed at once was 4 (7 at recital) and we just used a regular 25" rolling suitcase, it worked fine, we had plenty of space and it was organized, but I was definitely wanting more depth but less length to the bag and the small Dream Duffel fits the dimensions I want. Everyone else on the team has medium Rac'n'Rolls, 1 has a Pack2Rack, and those things are huge! I had to help a couple of dancers at various times this season to find things in their bags and it was awful (probably the lack of organization in their bags played a part) but the bag was so big it felt like I was digging to the earth's core to find anything. I do plan on putting something on the bottom of our Dream Duffel to help brighten the interior to make finding the bottom easier. When I packed her costumes this year I didn't use garment bags (at first I did but found them bulky), I used Large or X-Large ziplock bags depending on the costume and loved that, as I removed the costume I would hang the ziplock on the costume hanger with the shoes and accessories for the costume in it, kept everything together. My DH had built DD a pvc rack last year for recital and I used it at recital and at one competition, the other comps we were at we were in assigned private change rooms that had hanging racks. 
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Curious as to if you purchased the regular small or the silver edition small? My brain is tired and can't grasp the difference
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 
 "If  I had known we would do fewer and fewer routines over the years, I would have gotten a carry on size." 

I have the carry on size.  It holds a lot, the problem with it is the lid is like a suitcase and if you can't find a wall to lean it against, it is really in the way.  The rack also doesn't seem as tall, so the longer costumes hang down inside.  
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
I bought a regular small, it's in the Argyle print and silver/black. It arrived a few weeks ago and just for fun I packed up all of DD's costumes and shoes from this past season (7 costumes) and stuffed them in and put her makeup case in too, all hair products and the cookie tin that I use to hold her curly hair piece, team jacket & spare clothes. It all fit with space to spare. I packed the costumes as suggested by another poster - up & down like toast in a toaster - and it works great. Very happy with the small. And it's small enough that even when I had it fully packed up I could still pick it up by the straps and carry it, it didn't weigh a ton. I didn't get the stool, probably won't, but the compartment for it on the outside is big and can be used for other stuff.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Do all 7 costumes fit on the rack? How many inches wide is the rack?
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleemom9
Do all 7 costumes fit on the rack? How many inches wide is the rack?

I don't know offhand how many inches wide the rack is but 7 costumes will easily fit on it. You can probably find the dimensions on the website. 
QueenTakaya

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Discount Dance Supply usually always has the Dream Duffle (all sizes) in stock.

https://www.discountdance.com/mobile/mobileDetail.php?cn1=dance-costumes&cn2=accessories&PageNumber=1&styleFocus=D1100&camp=GoogleShopping_D1100&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=D1100&utm_campaign=Products&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlbWAkams1gIV2rXACh2M4g-vEAQYAiABEgIHWfD_BwE
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.