Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dancermom28

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We were at Showstoppers this weekend for their competition and it was in a convention center. I didn't see a booth that I usually see that will sell pictures and videos. This is my DD first time at a Showstoppers Dance Comp, so not sure how it is usually, but for other dance comps, there is usually a booth that will show pictures and dvd, and you can purchase on the spot. Is this not the same at Showstoppers.

Then again, my DD and I was in a hurry to leave the venue and didn't stay long after awards or during the show to really see the whole layout of the competition as it was big, but usually DVD and Photo booths are hard to miss at other dance comps.

Do we purchase it at the Showstoppers website? Does anyone know?
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I almost always buy the Showstoppers videos because they are usually great quality and a great price.  But, I have always done it at the competition.  If I remember correctly, the video table would pass out business cards with their website if they didn't convince you to buy that day.  Maybe someone from your team picked one up or you could call Showstoppers and ask how to contact them.  We will being going to Showstoppers so I can find out for you but it won't be until May.

Virginia9

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We were there too this weekend!
The photo table was in room 1, next to the merchandise table.
It was still photos only there, buying video is all online. You can prepay for the videos $5.99, then they're available a few days later. I think the $5.99 price may only be till tonight, it's normally $7 or $8ish.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Showstoppers allows you to take your own non flash photos and you can order video for a ridiculously cheap price. Love, love, love how Showstoppers does their video\photo!
mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer
Showstoppers allows you to take your own non flash photos and you can order video for a ridiculously cheap price. Love, love, love how Showstoppers does their video\photo!

I always wait to purchase at Showstopper.  The last competition we went to charged $35 for the first photo or video and $20 for each additional.  Needless to say, I did not purchase anything.
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Buy every single video from Showstoppers, you will not find them cheaper anywhere.  KAR/Rainbow is a good second.
Jagroth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We were at Houston this past weekend! Create an account on the Showstopper website. By the end of the week you should be able to log in and preview your videos then purchase. I asked yesterday and the $5.99 sale ended at midnight last night. The photos are taken by Take 2 and you can view and purchase all the pictures on their website (http://take2ok.com/store/index.php?category=14). Not sure when those get posted, but I looked tonight and there are some Showstopper comps from February posted, so maybe a couple weeks.
dancermom28

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
@Jagroth - Where was the photobooth? Was it in Room#1? If it was, that is why I didn't see it. I was only in one Room for the competition for my DD.

Thanks for the information, I was wondering if I have to sign up on the Showstoppers webpage to buy the pictures, now I know.[smile]

Did they sell videos only, was there a professional photographer? Apparently, my studio must have the wrong information or got the competitions rules mixed up with another comp, we were told no photography at all, and I did have a camera that didn't need flash to take pictures.[bawl]
Jagroth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Yes the photo viewing area was in room #1.  I thought it was an odd set-up with it and the merchandise area in one of the rooms instead of in the hallway. 

Videos are now up on the Showstopper site so you can view/purchase them.  Once you log-in you will go to My Showstopper.

I also just went to the Take 2 site and photos are up too.  They are under Woodlands in the Showstopper 2017 folder.  You can find your photos by hovering on the Navigate Galleries button and then clicking on her contestant number.  Looks like they have a special going on for a few days.

Hope they got some good photos!
dancermom28

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
@Jagroth - Thank you so much for the information! I was able to sign up and saw a sample video for my DD and also was able to view the pictures on the Take2 website.

I thought the pictures were $7 or $8 as well. [tongue] But if the videos are $7 or $8, then I will definitely purchase the videos. The pictures looks good, but I will need to see if I want one pose or all the pose. The CD with all the pose I think were either $79 or $89 per routine -- yikes! Was this the price for pictures at the venue?

I wished Showstoppers would have told us that it was in Room#1 for the pictures and videos or at least have a huge sign to point us there.

I have to say, I really liked Showstoppers! This is my DD first time there, but I loved how they put a snippet of the routine showing in the background when they announced for her to accept her trophy. I thought that was really Cool![thumb]

Are Showstoppers Nationals fun? I see that it is in July and is close enough to us that we can go without staying at a hotel hopefully.

I will let my DD decide and we need to figure out Summer Vacations before signing up, but if regionals was fun, Nationals looks like it will be fun too, especially at the beach.
Jagroth

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I am glad I could help!

I don't know how much photos cost onsite since never order photos. We have 3 or 4 parents from our studio who always photograph most of our girls at Showstopper, so I luck out with that.

This is the first year that Showstopper has been at this venue.  When they were at the Stafford Centre the merchandise and photo computers were always outside the main room, easy to see.

Nationals in Galveston is very much like regionals only a larger scale.  We have gone every year except last year, but will be back again in July.  Everyone at our studio was very happy to return!  They do offer some classes and the whole week is webcast.  We live on the north side of Houston so most of us stay down there and it is a great time with our studio mates!
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagroth
Yes the photo viewing area was in room #1.  I thought it was an odd set-up with it and the merchandise area in one of the rooms instead of in the hallway. 

Videos are now up on the Showstopper site so you can view/purchase them.  Once you log-in you will go to My Showstopper.

I also just went to the Take 2 site and photos are up too.  They are under Woodlands in the Showstopper 2017 folder.  You can find your photos by hovering on the Navigate Galleries button and then clicking on her contestant number.  Looks like they have a special going on for a few days.

Hope they got some good photos!

Just wondering if they had a program that you download or purchase there?  Were attending in a week and I haven't seen anything on line.
Thanks in advance.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
You can buy programs there.  I don't think they let you download them.  I think mine was $10 last year.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: