Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
karenc

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My oldest will perform a graduation solo in the annual spring dance show and she's struggling with making a music selection.  She picks the music and the solo will be choreographed for her as a senior gift from the ballet school.  She can perform lyrical/contemporary either in flats (or barefoot) or on pointe.  Dancers in the past have varied but most choose bare feet.  The "feel" of the piece should be mature and elegant.  

The most memorable for me from a few years past was "On Fire" by Switchfoot.  Another was "I think I've outgrown home".  I don't know how her mother made it through that one. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

k

Lorax

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
She doesn't already have some choices?

Any chance a solo she may have done (or a group number for that matter) from when she was just beginning would still make her happy? I think that could make a beautiful story arc... finishing up right where she started. 
karenc

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Not really.  She likes Need to Breathe but can't really find a selection with a "growing up" type vibe in the lyrics. 

She's in a pre-pro ballet school so no contemporary solos or group numbers in her history but that's a great idea.   They don't have contemporary classes/pieces until they make Company so that would only be in recent years.  Will definitely have her look back at her early ballet pieces though from recitals, though.  Maybe there's something there.  Thanks!
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I would love to see my DD dance to In My Life by The Beatles.

karenc

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My husband is a HUGE fan (he's even had his picture taken walking across Abbey Road)!!  That would be awesome! 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.