Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mkdancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Looking for a new Muscial Theatre Song for the new dance season. My DD is 17 this will be her last year on the stage. We want to go out with a bang. Just can't seem to find a song that tops Raunchy and 100 Easy Ways. Help
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Are you looking for MT like we do here in Canada with either lip synching or live vocals through the whole dance?
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Our Sr MT groups used Blow Gabriel Blow and Fascinating Rhythm the last 2 years.  And our 2 Srs dancers who love MT did Brass Band (female) and Cool (male) this past year.  They are both going into their Sr year of HS this year.  All the dances were very well received.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My Party Dress.  
justmusic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom
My Party Dress.  

Love My Party Dress!
If she's done "100 Easy Ways" then Party Dress is a natural (and hilarious) progression.
I did a karaoke track for a dancer a few years back and it was hilarious.
justmusic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
Are you looking for MT like we do here in Canada with either lip synching or live vocals through the whole dance?

Good question. The MT SINGING vs. "MT" PERFORMANCE LIP SYNCING is such a weird and interesting thing.
Both labeled as "Musical Theatre".

hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
If you could find a way to edit "Dance Ten, Looks Three" from A Chorus Line so it would be clean enough, that would such a fun and hilarious number! DD has always wanted to dance to that. DD also has always wanted to dance to "Nothing" from A Chorus Line as well! "Miss Baltimore Crabs" from Hairspray could potentially be hilarious. DD wants to do that one so bad, but she naturally looks like Tracy, so it doesn't suit her. She is opting for "I Can Hear the Bells" instead, hahaha.

btw, DD did 100 Easy Ways this year!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.