Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So, this past weekend, dd was in her HS's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. This video is from "Forget About the Boy", my favorite number in the show. She is the 2nd girl from the left (when they all stand up and start to tap). It was such a fun experience for her and she met a lot of new people and made a bunch of new friends

And a few pictures from the opening number:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208834610125275&set=t.1418082074&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208834609565261&set=t.1418082074&type=3&theater
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Can't see the video, but the pics are adorable!  I love that show, and the period costuming is fabulous.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
It' says video is unavailable but glad she enjoyed it so much [smile]
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
 Check the privacy settings on the video on FB. If it's public, it should work.

The costumes and make up are spot on! Looks like it was a great show!!
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
one of my favourite MT songs!! Cant wait to see it when I'm not at work!

That was great! I can't believe they have live music! That is so cool!
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
OK, I think I fixed the privacy settings for the video. Let me know if it works.
tappingfeet

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I love this number and it's so great they are actually tapping!

My DD17 loves Musical Theatre but unfortunately high schools that do actual musicals are becoming more and more rare around here.  The high school she attended from Grade 8-10 did a musical when she was in Grade 8 but have only done plays since then.   She switched high schools this year for Grade 11 and the current school hasn't done a musical in years.  They also only do plays.  Your DD is lucky to have that experience!
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Musicals are a pretty big deal in our district. Our music department in general is very well-respected in the state. We are lucky in that respect. It may be because of our close proximity to NYC. We had one dad that builds sets and does lighting for Broadway shows and another one who's actually ON Broadway in Phantom of the Opera.
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Love it!  Thanks for sharing it.  
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Awesome!!! 

I think musicals are a big deal in much of NJ. It's funny, though, how different some of the local districts are. They all do musicals but some are light years better than others. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: