Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 13      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
marabbit

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #51 
I've heard Abby had weight loss surgery which is what happened to her other half. Last night it seemed like she was drunk or on drugs all the way down to the Burger King binge in the parking lot. Made me wonder if perhaps she was on pain pills from the surgery or if she got hooked on them after it.
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #52 
so why would they make the program as if only maddie had a solo? so crazy.[rolleyes][rolleyes]
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemonkaymom
so why would they make the program as if only maddie had a solo? so crazy.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Who knows. I guess they were only interested in showing Maddie as the overall high score of the entire competition winner. They also made it look like Talia didn't place but the spoiler site said she placed 5th.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #54 
I just watch last nights episode and I was stunned at Abby.  I realize it is all fake but no way would I allow anyone to make me look like a raving lunatic on national television and that's how she looked.  When she threw the fruit basket on the floor that was just downright rude.
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marabbit
I've heard Abby had weight loss surgery which is what happened to her other half. Last night it seemed like she was drunk or on drugs all the way down to the Burger King binge in the parking lot. Made me wonder if perhaps she was on pain pills from the surgery or if she got hooked on them after it.

Oh my! This may make me want to watch - Abby is bad enough, but Abby on drugs has got to be something else.
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #56 
I remember seeing the results from this week, and she did tied with Kalani.  Very strange that they did not show it.  That whole show was a bigger train wreck then usual.  I am still shaking my head.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #57 
I watched it last night, and it was such a train wreck!! Are they trying to fire her? Is she trying to get out of her contract? She looked high, or drunk. She's always been an actress for the show. She knows where the cameras are, she plays to them all show. But this was just bizarre. I can't see her going to a competition without hair and makeup done. She looked in tears half the time, and was shaky. It's not the first show that the 'only' solo placed. Lots of other times we have caught the costume or hair differences with the trophies and ribbons with someone who supposedly never had a solo. We know it's fake. But I don't see where this is going besides series finale.
LasMa

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #58 
This show is still on?  I watched about half of the first season and couldn't take it any more.  Screaming teachers, conniving moms, aspects of the dance world that we know very well are faked.  I don't understand the appeal.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #59 
I am sure that Abby's seeming insanity is just another contrived way to keep the show dramatic. And Abby is aware that the fame could end at any point if she does not comply.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
I just watch last nights episode and I was stunned at Abby.  I realize it is all fake but no way would I allow anyone to make me look like a raving lunatic on national television and that's how she looked.  When she threw the fruit basket on the floor that was just downright rude.

I totally agree.  Abby almost had me going, but I think this is just a desperate attempt at ratings:  "Tune in to see how far the mighty have fallen."

But then, of course, we will see her triumphant down the line in a few episodes, I think.

Those girls from Murietta Dance Project were fierce and better than ALDC.  It's just a shame you can't tell the difference between any of them.  At least the Miami dancemom show had some different types. I found it extremely difficult to believe that the soloist didn't place (and now it's been confirmed that she did), but honestly turn, turn, turn, turn, turn?  Please dance, at least a little.   

Does anyone else think Abby is just trying to drive Holly and Nia out?  I'm glad that Holly called the other moms out for not backing her up when Abby derailed Nia's audition.  All of the auditions were so cheesy and Disney Channel-ized.

Okay, putting my claws away for today.      
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #61 
So I was trying to read a book when DD was watching this episode.  Yeah ....I couldn't focus on my book and got sucked right in.  Usually I hear it when DD is watching it but I pay little attention.  But this was just so much crazytown.  

By the end I was wondering if Abby has maybe had it with the staging and the way she is portrayed.  She clearly needs no help making herself look bad but something she said in the preview for next week's show made me think it's the show itself that has her going a bit mad.

The Murietta girls were miles better than ALDC. 
MooseysBiggestFan

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #62 
My DD studied under a teacher for years who was, at times, even worse than Abby.  My daughter was never a target for her wrath until the last production she was in and let me tell you that once that production was done so were we. 

The teacher that my daughter had was a very good teacher as far as producing solid dancers and I know for a fact that my daughter would not be dancing with a company today if it were not for the education she got under this woman.  However, her personal life was a mess.  She was a lonely woman and in the end it was progressively worse.  Like Abby, she had lost her mother and had no children or close family.  Imagine you spend your whole life devoted to teaching other peoples' children and you make it your life.  The only time people are nice to you is when they want something from you.  While Abby still had her mother and even her dog she had someone who would love her unconditionally.  Now that is gone and Abby is realizing that most of the people she last left in her life are only interested in what she can do for them.  Maybe this is her fault to an extent but you cannot turn back time and if she was already in an emotionally fragile and stressed state this could lead to a breakdown of sorts.

To add about this particular episode I was really disappointed in how the director of Murrietta made herself look on camera.  I didn't find her to be a particularly likeable person and honestly after seeing this episode I felt like she is probably no better than Abby as far as the way she runs her studio.  Her dancers are fantastic (although I felt Tess' choreography was not what I would have expected).  Erin however was all about the intimidation tactics and I would honestly hate for studios around the country to see the things that Murietta did this week to intimidate the ALDC and think that is ok behavior at a normal dance competition.  It was pretty classless IMO and even if it was done for TV shock value it still just really makes them look ridiculous.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #63 
I did not see the latest episode, but I do think Holly has been assigned the role of dissatisfied parent this year. Kelly was the originator of that role. Christie was a close second who then fully took that role over. With both of those mothers gone, someone had to take the role over. It couldn't be Melissa because she is in the role of "mom of the favorites." It can't be any new moms because, well, they are new. Holly makes more sense than Jill who plays the mom that tried to brown nose her dd's way in. 

I have no doubt that these women are assigned roles to play.
cndb

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
I am sure that Abby's seeming insanity is just another contrived way to keep the show dramatic. And Abby is aware that the fame could end at any point if she does not comply.

I always wonder if folks with this type of fame have the sense to save like mad for when the gravy train inevitably ends.

They have so little sense to even allow themselves to be portrayed in such a way that I imagine many of them are delusional about the staying power of their marketability.

I hope for the kids' sakes that the parents have locked away a huge bulk of the money in safe investmemts for the future, but if history of parents with "star" children is any indication that is not likely.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #65 
I've only caught an episode here and there this season, but this post has me wanting to watch!  For one, so I can see crazy drugged up Abby.  For two, so I can see Murietta!  I'm actually shocked that they were on this show.  They are an amazing studio, famous in their own right, they don't need this show to give them recognition!  They have amazing dancers... Christina Ricucci being one of them.  I am really surprised they did this show.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #66 
It does seem like Abby is trying to drive Holly and Nia away. Same tactics she used on Kelly & Christi. I also loved that Holly called out the other moms. I find it hard to believe that Jill did not know what to say...she is always outspoken. I thought Nia had one of the better readings. Seemed more natural than most of the others.

I read on the spoiler site that the production company is holding auditions for moms and dancers. Abby said this is not for her team and that she will hold her own auditions.

I found it incredibly annoying how pushy Jojo and her mom were being about the group dance. Abby told them from the get go that she would not be in the group . It was like poking a lion with a stick...Abby was already in a bad frame of mind and they just kept pushing. I was surprised Abby didn't completely rip them apart.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseysBiggestFan
My DD studied under a teacher for years who was, at times, even worse than Abby.  My daughter was never a target for her wrath until the last production she was in and let me tell you that once that production was done so were we. 

The teacher that my daughter had was a very good teacher as far as producing solid dancers and I know for a fact that my daughter would not be dancing with a company today if it were not for the education she got under this woman.  However, her personal life was a mess.  She was a lonely woman and in the end it was progressively worse.  Like Abby, she had lost her mother and had no children or close family.  Imagine you spend your whole life devoted to teaching other peoples' children and you make it your life.  The only time people are nice to you is when they want something from you.  While Abby still had her mother and even her dog she had someone who would love her unconditionally.  Now that is gone and Abby is realizing that most of the people she last left in her life are only interested in what she can do for them.  Maybe this is her fault to an extent but you cannot turn back time and if she was already in an emotionally fragile and stressed state this could lead to a breakdown of sorts.

To add about this particular episode I was really disappointed in how the director of Murrietta made herself look on camera.  I didn't find her to be a particularly likeable person and honestly after seeing this episode I felt like she is probably no better than Abby as far as the way she runs her studio.  Her dancers are fantastic (although I felt Tess' choreography was not what I would have expected).  Erin however was all about the intimidation tactics and I would honestly hate for studios around the country to see the things that Murietta did this week to intimidate the ALDC and think that is ok behavior at a normal dance competition.  It was pretty classless IMO and even if it was done for TV shock value it still just really makes them look ridiculous.

I don't know anything about Erin but I agree that she did not come across nice at all. Besides the whole fruit basket thing, they were whispering in the audience and pointed out how Maddie fell out of one of her turns.
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
I don't know anything about Erin but I agree that she did not come across nice at all. Besides the whole fruit basket thing, they were whispering in the audience and pointed out how Maddie fell out of one of her turns.

I kinda liked the fruit basket thing LOL  Made me smile, Abby did ask for one LOL
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
Quote:

I kinda liked the fruit basket thing LOL  Made me smile, Abby did ask for one LOL

Those Edible Arrangements aren't cheap either! Especially one that size!
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
Quote:

Those Edible Arrangements aren't cheap either! Especially one that size!

I know, I think Abby met her match as far as snark goes!  I giggled when they presented it to her
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
It does seem like Abby is trying to drive Holly and Nia away. Same tactics she used on Kelly & Christi. I also loved that Holly called out the other moms. I find it hard to believe that Jill did not know what to say...she is always outspoken. I thought Nia had one of the better readings. Seemed more natural than most of the others. I read on the spoiler site that the production company is holding auditions for moms and dancers. Abby said this is not for her team and that she will hold her own auditions. I found it incredibly annoying how pushy Jojo and her mom were being about the group dance. Abby told them from the get go that she would not be in the group . It was like poking a lion with a stick...Abby was already in a bad frame of mind and they just kept pushing. I was surprised Abby didn't completely rip them apart.

Re the bolded.  I understand that all these mosm are in it to make their kids famous but I can't believe that Jessalyn really thinks that the impression she is giving people of how JoJo acts is going to be helpful to her in getting a career in show business.  Who the hell would want to work with a child who is bold, disrespectful and can't follow directions.
whydance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #72 
At the end of the episode you can see Jojo with the hair peice again. I have a feeling editing and production made them look worse than they are.
MooseysBiggestFan

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #73 
I do agree that the fruit basket thing was pretty humorous but at the same time how would you feel about all of the shennanigans if that were to happen at a comp where your daughters were performing?  And if another studio owner came into the dressing room like that?  I think it sets a bad example and makes Erin look petty. 

The thing is, this show has a big impact on kids who watch it.  They (and some of their parents and SO's) might watch this and actually think the behavior that Erin and the rest of the Murietta crew displayed is somehow ok for a real world competition.  I mean, if a studio that successful is doing it then maybe it is the "cool" thing to do.  I know, rose colored glasses would have you think that most parents and SO's are not that naive but believe me there are plenty of nuts out there.
socalkdg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #74 
I get the feeling that most of these "reality" TV shows are scripted.  DD has watched and competed against MDP and they are like most good dance studios and never noticed anything out of the ordinary in behavior. Any intimidation from Murietta is at the request of the producers. Who wants to watch a happy, touchy, feely show about dance.

I had the opportunity (or would that be punishment [smile])to watch a live taping of ALDC at the Fox Riverside where a few of our girls competed last weekend. Invite only based on sending in videos of the dances.  There was very little actual dancing between the two studios, I think two groups and three solos.   Everyone was all smiles and friendly, with some very funny cheering chants going on. All extremely staged and the ALDC moms only come out for their DD's performances (I'm always stuck watching many other studios besides my daughters, where is the fairness in that).  Our dancers were scattered throughout the show, while these two studios danced back to back to build up the competition.

I noticed very little difference in quality between the two studios.  They were both very good.  Our studio managed to win a very nice award, but imagine won't be mentioned at all during the episode, which might be a good thing.  Will be interesting to see this episode to see what ends up on the cutting room floor.

Edited to add I could not believe how short the ALDC numbers were.  Maybe 1:30.   Crazy short.   Just when you start appreciating the number it ends.   Was surprised about that. 
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #75 
I really enjoyed Maddie's solo. I thought she did a fabulous job she seems like despite all the distractions she has contued to develop as a dancer.

I disagreed with Holly when she called out all the other parents. Yes, what Abby did was very wrong and awful. But Jill is right in saying there would have been zero point in trying to make Abby see that. For them to all stand up to her wasn't going to help matters in any way and it wasn't going to improve the way she treats Nia.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.