Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 13     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #101 
In my area,neither of the girls would have received perfect scores and they definetly wouldn't have beat MDP. Though,if my dd is right, the dance moms competitons are set up so the producers can get the places they want.
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #102 
That costume on Kalani is ugly as can be.She could've dance in booty shorts and a nice top.
sansha

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Holly's joined Melissa and Asia's mom in exploiting her daughter by having her dance with nearly naked men. 

gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansha
Holly's joined Melissa and Asia's mom in exploiting her daughter by having her dance with nearly naked men. 

I wonder what the parents at Holly's old school would think about this. And here she was upset about that Electricy dance from season one [wink].
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #105 
I guess their 15 mins are up. Holly is trying to s squeeze every ounce of attention seeking for Nia.
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
This weeks episode Holly said she is not the new Kelly or the new Christy. Yikes was she trolling this post? lol

I noticed that one of the Select Team moms was sitting behind Abby in the auditorium and now I noticed one of them is back next week. [rolleyes]
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Club dance was at that competition, was surprised they didn't make "more" of that.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #108 
That threw me too. I expected it to be a bit,of a big deal thatbthey were competing against Club Dance, especially as it's Kalani's old studio. But they didn't even show them.
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #109 
Holly seems to know what's up, that they are trying to make her the new "Abby's nemesis" mom.  I was really heartbroken for Nia.  Staying stoic while your mom is so upset and Abby and Gia are literally talking about you on the phone behind your back.   

Did anyone else wish that Nia would have thrown that "Stay Strong" shirt straight into Abby's fat face.  Talk about a classic abuser move with the giving of gifts.

Also, that Carrie routine was just gross for a "junior".
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #110 
I haven't read this whole thread- I don't have time before I log on to work.  But, this morning I was just thinking- this show is done.  The drama is ridiculous and there is so little dancing anymore.  I remember when the show first began (like first or second week) and Abby came out and said, "The pyramid is not mine.  The producers forced me to do it and I don't like it."  I'm waiting for the moment 5 years from now, 10 years from now, when Abby is all washed up and out of the spotlight and she writes a tell all book and admits it was all for show.  That she really loves Chloe and would never treat children that way.  I don't believe she is the evil person she is portrayed to be, but she is an attention wh**e and all of the bad behavior has made her famous.  That goes for all of the moms, too.  
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #111 
I agree that the Carrie routine/costume was gross. I can't believe Abby was telling Jesslyn to have Jojo watch the movie! While Kendal looked pretty, there was nothing Bollywood about that routine. It was jazz with some Bollywood hand positions and costuming though I though she looked more gypsyish than Bollywood.

That Nia is a strong girl. Sabrina, I was secretly hoping Nia would throw that shirt back at her too! And WTF with Jojo right after they go off stage from group and she sees Nia standing there and Jojo says were you sad not to be in the group? Like she was rubbing it in. I hope she is not that way IRL. I liked how her teammates defended her though.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #112 
Don't know if anyone cares but ALDC is at JUMP Pittsburgh this weekend and are live streaming. Mini and junior solos just wrapped up. Kenzie got high gold and 3rd place HS in mini solos, Kendall got high gold and tied for 2nd HS in jr solos and Maddie got You Rocked Jump and tied for 1st in jr solos. Nia got a high gold and did not place.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #113 
For once, I saw a current episode. 

Was surprised more wasn't made of how inappropriate it was for Jojo to watch the Carrie movie! 

The whole thing with Nia was a farce. Of course the producers set that up for Nia, no differently than they set up Brooke's song or Mackenzie's music videos. 

How do young dancers feel about the show these days? I imagine if they don't see anything wrong with the show, it will continue as is. 
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #114 
I actually fell asleep watching this episode. I have it on DVR so I'll have to finish watching the last 20 minutes. I saw the previews of Jo Jo in that hideous makeup. I agree that suggesting she watch Carrie is totally inappropriate. Heck, Steven King material still scares me and I'm in my 40s.

My dd used to like watching DMs. We would fast forward through the fighting to get to the dancing. Now she's completely over it. Chloe was her favorite, so when she left, my dd's interest in the show did too.

One of my dd's DTs has been a judge on the show a couple of times, so he will share a little inside info about filming sometimes. Even he says its boring. Lots of takes and they are told to look happy, excited, serious, etc.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 
Its funny, because the whole time this show have been going we have been saying its done but her it is in its 5th season.

heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #116 
My kids and I watched the last two episodes On Demand last night (don't ask me why, it was after a marathon of Child Genius and we were on a roll).  I gotta say it... it seems more scripted, manipulated and set up than ever now.  The other team's studio owner coming in to the dressing room to make an a$$ out of herself on national television?   The smack talk about Abby/ALDC in her own studio w/her own dancers (where the cameras just happen to be)? Yeah. Ok.   Abby suddenly being so overwhelmed & looking like she's having some sort of mental breakdown?  She played that one well.. right down to "being caught" stuffing her face w/some nasty fast food meal in her car while looking like she was going to cry.  Holly suddenly wanting to make Nia a star? Nia????  The 'never quite amounted to anything but not giving up yet' Aubrey O'Day suddenly coming on the scene (a "friend" of Abby's, of course) as the all-important someone who is now going to give Nia her big break?  Setting up a meeting (in front of the other moms & the camera) that would require Nia to miss a choreo session for a comp that will be held in 2 days, w/o permission...& then getting all upset that Abby wouldn't allow Nia to be in the number? The whole thing is just plain ridiculous. These women have well defined roles to play & they're taking the task seriously.  And the children, no matter how genuine they're emotions may appear... IDK... at this point it's been going on too long & given their age it's just too hard for them to claim complete ignorance/innocence.  It's like a soap opera.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #117 
Yes, it is,fake and scripted so we see it more like a soap opera. Older dd gets annoyed at how fake it is and most of the time cannot sit through an entire episode. Ydd still likes to watch and I get sucked in.

Ydd and I have been watching them compete at JUMP this weekend. While they did well, they did not receive all you rocked jumps and did not win 1st place in all categories. There is a studio there, Northpointe Dance Academy that is amazing and often placed 1st. They were fun to watch.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #118 
I watched some of the live stream of Jump because I was curious to see how the girls measured up at a real competition (rather than one created specifically for the show). The only solo I actually got to see was Payton's... but I got to see the awards.  They held their own.  Kalani didn't compete a solo, but she did win VIP.  It'll be interesting if she goes back to The Dance Awards this year.  She's already won Best Dancer once, as a junior.  Maybe she can do it again as a teen.  The 2014 Teen Best Dancer in Vegas was from her studio... Club Dance.  I still consider Club Dance her studio.  I look at her time with ALDC as more of a job than a studio change.  LOL
sansha

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #119 
More interestingly, DM got a .5 in Tues night cable ratings two weeks ago.  Sadly it rose to a .6 for the last epi.  Still a far cry from their heyday ratings.
robven1921

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #120 
The 2014 Mini Best Dancer from Vegas is also from club dance, Brynn Rumfallo ( who will guest on DM this week ) , as well as a mini runner up,( Bostyn Brown ) junior runner up( Jaycee Wilkins) and teen runner up ( Addison Moffett ). Club Dance really puts out some talented dancers
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robven1921
The 2014 Mini Best Dancer from Vegas is also from club dance, Brynn Rumfallo ( who will guest on DM this week ) , as well as a mini runner up,( Bostyn Brown ) junior runner up( Jaycee Wilkins) and teen runner up ( Addison Moffett ). Club Dance really puts out some talented dancers

Yeah, I saw that.  They're a strong group of dancers.  Those girls are probably training hard to reach their goals!!  I get the feeling that they have some degree of talent management in their studio too... similar to what Abby Lee is trying to claim she's doing with ALDC.  
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojosDanceMom
Quote:

Yeah, I saw that.  They're a strong group of dancers.  Those girls are probably training hard to reach their goals!!  I get the feeling that they have some degree of talent management in their studio too... similar to what Abby Lee is trying to claim she's doing with ALDC.  

I think all the club dance girls mentioned above were born w/ amazing feet, legs and natural flexibilty. I'm sure they work hard and Club Dance has good training too, but I think genetics had a really big role in how good they are. And btw, they've also all been "chasing fame" for a long time - some were in those shake it up make your mark contests, and others were on America's got Talent - they had a group of them called Fresh Faces, and Kalani was part of a group too w/ some catchy nickname. Now here they are associating themselves w/ Dance Moms - not as much as a suprise to me considering the earlier stuff.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #123 
All I can is I'm so glad we don't live anywhere where these mega studios and their mega stars train.  It must be really hard not to get all caught up in that stuff out there when so many around you are doing it.  And I still can't help but wonder to what end. To each his own I know but I just can't wrap my head around it.  I just don't value any of that.
robven1921

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Yeah , they may be chasing fame, I ain't ever gonna be mad a dancer trying to get paid
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Yeah , they may be chasing fame, I ain't ever gonna be mad a dancer trying to get paid

No one is mad, I don't think.  Many of us just still see them as kids.  My kids don't need to get paid to work.  Plenty of time for that when they become adults.  That said, if they're happy far be it for me to tell them they shouldn't be.  It's just a different life.  Different values.  But I can't help but worry about what will happen to these kids if their stars are snuffed out before they have the maturity to understand what happened and why.  Kids aren't just adults in smaller packages.  Too much, too soon without the maturity and life experience to put it all in perspective.  Just the mother in me, I guess.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: