Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 13      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone watching this season?  Abby seems seriously unglued.  JoJo is an obnoxious brat and her mother is a nightmare stagemom.

Holly and Nia are barely hanging by a thread and I'm still wondering why they are doing this.
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina
Anyone watching this season?  Abby seems seriously unglued.  JoJo is an obnoxious brat and her mother is a nightmare stagemom.

Holly and Nia are barely hanging by a thread and I'm still wondering why they are doing this.

Two words: Fame & Fortune
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I have not seen any of this season yet, but my dd has. She had an interesting theory. With Kelly and Christie gone, they needed someone to take on that dissatisfied, anti-Abby role. Obviously, that cannot be Melissa as her role is the opposite. It can't be a new parent as they are allegedly coming because Abby is all that and a bag of chips. That leaves Jill or Holly. Holly makes the most sense for this role. The show needs someone to play this part as it has traditionally been the central conflict. 

Though, if this is the last season for Holly and Nia, then who will take on this role next? 
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
No flames from me.  I will admit that I do watch the show still.  It's totally mindless, guilty pleasure for me and I like watching the dances.  I know it's staged and scripted.  I do feel that it's run is just about over though.

I think Jo Jo, and all of the girls, moms and ALM, play their parts quite well.  If that bratty behavior isn't an act, heaven help her parents!  LOL! [smile] 
My2DanceLoves

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I caught the "competition" portion of an episode (maybe last episode??)  because DD15 still watches. 

It is the same "Maddie is superior and you all will always be inferior" show it has been since day 1. 

I used to like Holly a lot (in season 1 ) but now she might as well be Melissa in my eyes.  Why they are still there is beyond me. But like dad_of_four says Fame and Fortune.

They must get paid very well since they are completely selling out and have probably ruined their daughters chances of ever pursuing dance for any real length of time.   And I don't want to hear about Maddie in the lame a$$ Sia video.  Her star shine will wane also.  I'm positive.  They have painted themselves in to a corner.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
I have not seen any of this season yet, but my dd has. She had an interesting theory. With Kelly and Christie gone, they needed someone to take on that dissatisfied, anti-Abby role. Obviously, that cannot be Melissa as her role is the opposite. It can't be a new parent as they are allegedly coming because Abby is all that and a bag of chips. That leaves Jill or Holly. Holly makes the most sense for this role. The show needs someone to play this part as it has traditionally been the central conflict. 

Though, if this is the last season for Holly and Nia, then who will take on this role next? 

I absolutely agree with this.  Plus, it's created a lot of buzz.  I would watch seasons ago and I remember her being the voice of reason.  Now all I hear is people saying  "Wth is going on with Holly?"

That said, this is one of the reasons I continue to believe the producers have more of a hand in this than some want to believe.  She just suddenly had a personality change?  Which just happened to bring the necessary somthin' somethin' to the show after the other drama mamas left?  Not likely.
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I watch it.  I admit it.  As soon as the "links" go up - we don't have cable - and I have a quiet day ahead I empty the dryer (because if I'm folding clothes I'm not completely wasting my time, right?) and turn it on.  Not sure that Abby is actually becoming unglued, I just think the producers are done with her.  Her other shows have not continued, there is nothing new being announced, and most of the original team has stomped off into the sunset.  I think the editing was previously done to flatter her and now they are editing her to look like the pompous self-satisfied egomaniac that she likely is, or has become over the course of her "fame."  And yet I still watch...

Also, totally lost respect for Holly, and I can't imagine she has any future in education after participating in this.
Kechara7881

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I watched this week's episode, that was it. Really glad I stopped watching!
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Still watching. Can't stand Jojo's mom. I think she may be worse than Melissa. It's great for a kid to have confidence but she really needs to reel it in because Jojo acts very disrespectful. I guess she learns it from her mom though...

Holly is definitely taking on the "combative mom" roll now the Christi isn't there. After watching the previews for this weeks episode where they make it look like Abby did or said something to make Nia cry, I was glad to see it was not that way at all. Abby was actually consoling her about her grandfather. I did find it funny when Abby said to Nia that she never sees her cry and Nia answered that's because you tell us not too!

As for the whole competition thing, it was silly. THEY CAN'T DANCE JUNIORS FOREVER! Someone has to be at the bottom of the age bracket. My dd had to compete her first solo at the bottom of the teen category...it is what it is. Maddie and Kendall both have Fall/early winter birthdays so they age up before Jan 1st. How would Abby not have known before attending? I was glad Abby didn't end up pulling Nia from the group dance.

I could not take sitting up there with Melissa. Maddie has an interview with so and so and reading for a new show and xyz magazine wants to do a story on her blah, blah. It's not like the other moms asked and she knows they already worry about Abby not trying to find opportunities for the rest of them. I really don't get why they are even going to follow her to LA.
MooseysBiggestFan

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsmith

Also, totally lost respect for Holly, and I can't imagine she has any future in education after participating in this.

I agree with this.  Even if the whole Holly thing this year was producer induced I still cannot back someone who is supposedly so intelligent behaving in this manner.  Anyone who has half the class that Holly has claimed to have would not consent to behaving in this manner just to stay relevant on a reality show.  Let's face it, by now Nia has made more than enough cash to pay for her college education and set her up for life so why is Holly doing this? 

I am disgusted at how these mothers are back to arguing loudly in front of the kids and Jojo's mom is perhaps the most disgusting we have seen yet.   I dare say she eclipses even some of the DM Miami moms (although it is tough to be worse than Jessie's mother).

As for Abby, I am pretty sure she is not approaching a breakdown.  I believe she has already had one.  She lost her mother and beloved dog in a very short period of time and now is being accused of child abuse.   And she really has no one else to lean on except for people who want something from her in return.  I think just about anyone would cave under all of that.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
The issues with them being in the Teen division was just another example of the UNreality of this reality show.  Dancers have to change divisions and dance against older kids all the time.  Some years you're at the top of the pile, some years you're at the bottom. That's life.  The fact they would even show a segment that would intimate a dancer could step into a routine at the last minute without any rehearsal, costuming, etc. just makes it look like dance is "easy" ...like anybody could do it on a moment's notice. 

Holly's tale of woe is heard at every studio every day I suspect.  "We've been here the longest so we should get all the opportunities".  While I do believe that loyalty should breed some respect, it's not an advancement path.

Kechara7881

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
And honestly, no matter how they spun it they never had any chance at beating the small group that won. If they had aged down they would gave lost too. It was just a way to make the loss seem unavoidable. And Abby did know they would be in teens, long before the filming. thing is we know that stuff, but non comp people dont.
krb

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Here is my theory. Production keeps as much information as humanly possible away from the moms and Abby, so it's likely that Abby thought they would dance junior and production knew that they wouldn't. As far as the drama, I heard an interview once that production tells all new moms, if you want to stay on the team you need to stand up to the moms and to Abby so new moms come in blazing hot to try to stay on the show.
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I'd be willing to bet that all of their "personalities" are predetermined by the producers. Holly has become the annoying, whiny one now that the other ones who used to fill that role have left. She is extremely unreasonable and delusional about her daughter's chances of being a star dancer. I can't even stand to watch her. I'm sure her daughter is a nice, lovely girl with lots of talents, but let's be a little real about her chances of becoming a star in Hollywood. JoJo's mom is just the "crazy mom of the week." It can't be a coincidence that every new mom acts so childishly. It reeks of being a mandatory requirement of any new mom trying to "join the team." I think everything about the show is fake at this point, including the results at the competitions that they go to these days.
Kechara7881

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
The results of this comp were real and shown exactly. There was no true competition for them there except for the ones that beat them. Not sure of the rest of the comps though. The rules were posted online for months, no way abby didn't know
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kechara7881
I watched this week's episode, that was it. Really glad I stopped watching!

I watched to see your studio. It really stinks that they never mentioned the name or showed any of your dances
Kechara7881

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
There was a clip of our group doing a turn section [smile] I have 2 seconds of dd when she was on stage for awards. It's hilarious because she was yelling because she realized that we won
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I will admit I still watch.  For me it is just unbelievable how much crap they put out there and the general public believes it.  We all know when they say or do something stupid just for drama but most people don't.
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
The results of this comp were real and shown exactly. There was no true competition for them there except for the ones that beat them. Not sure of the rest of the comps though. The rules were posted online for months, no way abby didn't know

I wasn't saying they lie about the results. They didn't misrepresent the results when they came to my town two years ago either. I am sure those were the "results" but I can't believe that there isn't some behind the scenes conversations with the judges at these competitions beforehand about making it look like a real competition "but this is how we want the results to go down as to a couple of the numbers."

For example, I cannot imagine how on earth Maddie or that Ava could beat Kalani (even considering the less than ideal choreography that Kalani got compared to Maddie). And there were other times the results seemed a bit suspicious in the past. Maddie is a good dancer, but Kalani is better. No question.

Of course, this is just my opinion. [smile]
gymmommy71

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I know there were a lot of time that I really thought Candy Apples dances should have beat ALDC. I also find it suspicious how much McKensie wins w/ those bubblegum acro numbers she does - there has got to be something better there, right? How could there not be?

Someone would have to work really hard to make any of those DM kids beat Kalani - she's so good she can just stand there and lift her leg a few times and do an a few poses and be better than the others spinning and leaping all over the place. Kalani's feet, legs, arms and just general posture are top notch. I don't think the others can even compare no matter what skills they do.
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnDanceMom
Maddie is a good dancer, but Kalani is better.

100% agree!! [like]
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Did you see it snow during their group number???? That was crazy.
tapstermom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745

I saw that as thought it was weird. I have seen dances where they already had stuff(there was a dance one year with rose petals) but nothing coming from the rafters, it would be too difficult to set up for us "normal" dance moms.  I wasn't planning to watch this season, but alas, a young lady from the studio my dd teaches at was cast as a Candy Apple.  It will interesting to watch. Her and mom are really sweet, so not sure how they will be played on tv.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:

^^^This!
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745

I thought so too! Maybe things have changed, but during our comp days having anything like that fall on the stage as a prop was against the rules. Too hard to sweep up and other groups could slip, fall.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.