Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have never heard of this one until it showed up on FB.

Has anyone been to this comp/convention? Dance competition hub was all 5 stars, but with not much quality feedback.
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We are considering it also, and don't know much. I wanted to take DD back to NUVO the same weekend. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We did one of their 1 day summer intensive this past August. Dd loved it. Phenomenal teachers and staff were all very nice. Best part was getting to meet Alex Wong [smile] Kids liked the classes a lot. Hoping to do it again in Oct when it comes here again.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We did a Revel convention last fall.  My daughter loved it.  It was her first convention but all the veterans at our studio loved it as well.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I've heard great things about it but we haven't tried it yet. We have a conflicting comp the weekend it comes near us.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Yes!  We did it in February.  I was skeptical with all the 5 star feedback before they had even had one convention but they were great.  Dancers have the opportunity to apply to be a "pro reveler" which is basically an assistant in the classes.  Beware, if you are a pro reveler and want to compete your solo, it can only be for adjudication.  I didn't buy an observer pass because it was close enough to home that I could leave and go back for the competition.  The competition ran on time and was on livestream.  I had on a jacket from our studio and the owner came over and introduced himself and asked if I could introduce him to our studio owner.  We had a nice conversation and he personally thanked me for my business which is a big deal to me.  They had a staff show on the last day but it wasn't terribly long.  They handed out plenty of scholarships and the entire staff stood at the exit doors and thanked everyone for attending.  My daughter loved all of her classes and wants to go again next year even though she'll be graduated.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
We did one of their 1 day summer intensive this past August. Dd loved it. Phenomenal teachers and staff were all very nice. Best part was getting to meet Alex Wong [smile] Kids liked the classes a lot. Hoping to do it again in Oct when it comes here again.

We're hoping to get there in October too. We had a conflict with the date this year.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

We're hoping to get there in October too. We had a conflict with the date this year.

We are going to try to make that one too. Older dd missed it last summer due to cheer camp so just ydd went but loved it.
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
DD did their Pittsburgh workshop in October, she loved it! I would highly recommend. We haven't tried their comp conventions though.
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Anyone know what is Revel's style strength? Like NUVO, Radix, and ASH are known for technique and NRG for hip hop. I'd spend my money on the first three since technique is what makes my kid stand out. She feels awkward in hip hop, so I wouldn't waste my money on something like NRG that places so much emphasis on hip hop.

Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I just came across some photos in my phone that I took at Revel and it reminded me of the one complaint that I had about Revel.  Their photographer was always standing in the way of people watching the competition.  The venue was on the smaller side and they didn't have big TV screens on each side of the stage like most competitions at convention centers have and with this woman standing and taking photos during every number it got really annoying.  I have never seen this happen at any other competition in a theater or convention center.  I think she could have sat in a chair near the judges  and taken pictures that would have been just as good as what she took.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: