Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
irishtwinmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #26 
We alternate the competitions and conventions we go to every year. If a piece is really good, scores well, and will still fall into the same age category with the same dancers, we do occasionally keep a few numbers a 2nd year. However, the dances we keep are in addition to our new numbers, not in place of. So if a dancer is normally in 6 #s and one of theirs is held over, then next year they will be in 7. Obviously they cause extra entry fees but no extra choreo fee or costume fee, so financially its not much more.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
This is our third studio and our first studio took my dd solo music and last year did a group dance to it.  That was ok with us.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Always, and where I live everyone does it. It would be very rare to only see a routine done for a year. Routines are generally always done for at least 2 years, but often many more years and can be passed down from group to group.

Do to our cheap comp entry fees, around here studios do as many routines as they possibly can, so to make that possible they will repeat some.

Sometimes routines are repeated for.a decade or more. My kids have actually competed again routines that I competed agains as a kid (different dancers, but same music, costume and cheorographer).
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
We don't repeat a lot of group dances, but every once in a while we will. And I honestly hope we repeat one of our new ones from this season again next year. We have a dance we have done once and then the lead got injured. We will only be able to do it once more before nationals. It's a great dance and after paying the choreo and costume fee, I hope we get to do it more next year!
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
We did it once at the old studio. It did go from a large group down to a small, same music, same costume, with just a few tweaks. It did much, much better as a small group.
I noticed with the new studio that a dance or two my dd was in last year, that did extremely well, was the inspiration for some of the younger, lower level groups this year. It's not the same music, not the same dancers, but similar costuming and moves.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Many, if not most, of our dances (groups and duo/trios) are done for two years. The choreography is often tweaked to reflect growth and/or add new people. I can only think of 2 occasions where a dance (both times a duo) went longer. Solos are a toss up - some are two years, some are one. Depends on the dancer's preference.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
DD12 repeated her solo but difficulty was adddd and she went up a level.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
No, I have not seen (or heard of) repeating choreo or music at our studio.
Brinasmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 
We use our routines two years in a row. We do Nationals every other year this is why. We also don't compete more than three times a year so the girls really don't get the routine well to the following year and our teacher usually changes some of the choreography if it didn't work.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: