Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Tina07Fl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Have a bunch of stones we pulled off an old costume but we are having a hard time getting the glue off the back of the stones. Has anyone done this successfully? Any suggestions? THANK YOU in advance! [smile]
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #2 
Yes! Soak the stones in a bowl of citrus cleaner like Goo Gone. Wipe them off using paper towels. (Perhaps repeat). Rinse in water. Rinse in window cleaner. Let dry. It’s a bit of effort but the stones are as good as new.

(Soaking fabric in citrus cleaner let’s the stones slide off with a butter knife.)
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
Yes! Soak the stones in a bowl of citrus cleaner like Goo Gone. Wipe them off using paper towels. (Perhaps repeat). Rinse in water. Rinse in window cleaner. Let dry. It’s a bit of effort but the stones are as good as new. (Soaking fabric in citrus cleaner let’s the stones slide off with a butter knife.)

And here I've always been spending hours just trying to pick off the glue!  Thanks for the tip, Prancer!
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle

And here I've always been spending hours just trying to pick off the glue!  Thanks for the tip, Prancer!

ha ha- i just go with however they come off... and then look at it from about 10 feet away to see if it is noticeable [smile] 
Tina07Fl

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
Yes! Soak the stones in a bowl of citrus cleaner like Goo Gone. Wipe them off using paper towels. (Perhaps repeat). Rinse in water. Rinse in window cleaner. Let dry. It’s a bit of effort but the stones are as good as new. (Soaking fabric in citrus cleaner let’s the stones slide off with a butter knife.)

THANK YOU so much! I never thought of Goo Gone!! We have been using a gel nail polish remover - gets the stone off the costume but not the glue off the stones, is no fun to work with, and is expensive!  And haha... Good point, NCKDAD!

Thank you, again!  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.