Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Hennen5

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter currently dances Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and lyrical. She is currently dancing 10-15 hours a week and competes with three group dances, a small lyrical group, a solo (lyrical) and a duet (jazz). She is 11 years old. We currently live in Minnesota and will be relocating to Texas (Frisco, Allen or McKinney) this fall. We are at a good studio but not one of the elites in MN.

So far we've visited Next Step in Frisco and researched Prodigy in Plano, Academy of Dance Arts in Allen and a ballet conservatory in McKinney.

My daughter would love to pursue ballet but also wants to compete.

We are completely flexible on location. What studio do you think might be the best fit or is there a studio I haven't checked out that might be better?

Also, we aren't supposed to move until Sept. Or October but I am worried that will completely screw us out of a whole year of dance competitions. Does anyone have any experience with starting at a studio (on a team) after the dance season has begun?
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Prodigy is amazing! We lived in TX a year ago and saw them a lot. Dd & I loved their dances and we always had pleasant experiences with the dancers,mom and staff;if we had lived in the Dallas area, that's were we would have been.

I don't know much about them,other than they're in Benbrook,TX and that they have several retired Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders as instructors, but G-Force Dance Legacy,was always great to watch and they have quite a few kids who attend the dance preforming art school in Dallas, but it might be one to check out.

We relocate a lot and the flexibility of the competition season,really depends on the studio. There has been times when my dd had to sit the year out basically, learning the dances to be a swing if needed and there has been times were she jumped right into full classes and routines the second we got there(this was always my favorite because it made the move easier on her;getting into a schedule, meeting new friends who go to your new school,ect). Whatever studio you do chose,ask about if they allowe video auditions or if they have late auditions. We done both and I saw as dd got better,spots on companies were usually available.

Hope the move is painless and swift! Good luck at finding a new studio!
Dancemommelissa

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
You should check ou Prodigy and Dance Industry
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My friends daughter just graduated from Prodigy and she has amazing technique and performance quality.  Their dancers are beautiful.
dancedancedance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I agree with Dance Industry. Have seen them multiple times and they are very strong, with great style.
AllAboutRoses

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Prodigy is very impressive at competitions--I don't know much more about them.
We currently take extra classes at Academy Dance Arts because they are strong on technique. I've been very impressed with the teachers, their skills and the skills of the dancers. Their nutcracker performance last December was amazing! I wish my daughter would try out for their company but she's not ready to switch.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
we have a lady that just left our studio and moved to dallas/mckinney area and she went to prodigy.  she says she loves it!
jkmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We are also relocating to DFW (north Fort Worth/Keller/Southlake) this summer. We would like to know about any other good and strong studio around beside Dance Industry. My DD is 11, has been competing for 4 years and is in elite level.
Thank you.
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
G- Force Dance Legacy. We competed with them at nationals and they're talented and have fantastic parents. We were just blown away at how nice and supportive they were. They cheered as loud for our kids as they did their own.  I just adore them. They are also very competitive and have fantastic choreography. 
jkmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you. We will check on them. Do you think it's worth the drive to Dance Industry? I know nothing about the area.
lotsofdancers

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmom
Thank you. We will check on them. Do you think it's worth the drive to Dance Industry? I know nothing about the area.

I pm'd you
2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
DSOD (Dana's Studio of Dance) Keller has a great competition team. We see them all the time. 

Dance Industry this year seems to have all the senior dancers switching from various studios in the area. I heard so many good things about DI and their dances look amazing.

Prodigy moved to (Central) Frisco area, they have 2 Elite teams for 11yo. 

Next Step Dance is also in (North) Frisco. They are known for Tap.

KJ Dance in Plano also has good technique training. Their Nationals is NYCDA.

The Dallas Conservatory (Park Cities Dance) has very good training and has some talented dancers who switched from comp studios. They compete YAGP and kids compete their solos at other competitions/conventions.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: