Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DanceFan2011

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone have studio recommendations for the western suburbs of Minneapolis?
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Wish I could help, only studio I know from that area is on the northeastern side. Larkin is amazing, but they're a mega studio. I hope you find what you're looking for!

EDIT: Upon talking to DD, she says Summit Dance Shoppe also does seem like a great studio! So I second that!
Jantonovich

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
What city are you looking at? I have suggestions for you depending on how west you are looking.
DanceFan2011

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We are looking at Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, Excelsior, Waconia or Chaska.
DJ

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
How intense of a studio are you looing for?

Summit Dance Shoppe is in Plymouth at the intersection of 55 and 494N (one of the top studios in MN - huge number of dancers).

Dance Arts Center is in Chanhassen.  I'd say that DAC is the strongest studio within the cities you mention and maybe rivals Summit.  They are smaller than Summit but not sure how small or large exactly.

Project52 is in Eden Prairie (owned by former Larkin dancers).  Great technique in a small studio. 

Victoria Dance Productions is just in Edina (494/100).  Smaller studio that feeds the Edina High School Dance Team which placed 3rd at State in Jazz this year.   

Platinum Dance Center is also just in Edina.  They tend to compete at the Intermediate level most of the time but I think  they do well at that level.  They probably also feed the Edina Dance Team.

I am also interested to hear about additional studios around this area. 

rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome to the Twin Cities! I'd agree with the assessments by DJ so far. Victoria Dance Productions is a smaller studio in Edina that you might want to check out, too. IMHO, our area is really competitive, and there are several solid dance studios of varying sizes to choose from. 
birdmom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
In addition to the studios already mentioned, the Dance Warehouse and Velocity Dance and Theatre are in Chanhassen. 

I've been a Dance Arts Center parent for 14 years so obviously I've been really happy there. This year we have about 175 competition dancers that are on 10 (I think) different teams. We have 2 different "levels" of teams in most age groups. They have different practice hour requirements but everyone is taught by the same teachers. I think the level of technique for all of our dancers is great. We also have an audition only ballet company - La Dance Fatale - that performs a show in February. 
Jantonovich

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My daughter has competed at Project 52 in Eden Prairie for the past 2 years. We are definitely a small, growing studio, but we have awesome teachers and dancers!! Check out the website for open classes schedules or camps during the summer .
Redfraggle

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Summit and Premiere would be my top 2 recs if you're looking for an intense experience, ala larkin.

But there are a lot of fantastic studios that aren't quite intense in MN, especially in that area. Minnesota has a much stronger dance community than most people know. There are so many great places, and very few to avoid.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: