Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello moms, I am wondering if any of you all who have attended Rainbow dance Comp before know of any of their extra contests/ awards they have. Is there a photogenic contest? Title competition? Have any of you entered your kids in them and would like to share your experience? Its our first time attending Rainbow (we have attended KAR) so we are new to this comp!!

Thank you!
rubydancemom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
There are TONS of extra awards at Rainbow. They do photogenic, choreo, best costume, most entertaining, etc. They also do Dancer of the Year and invitations to special opportunities in NY and Australia. We were just at this comp Fri/Sat. Double Platinums seem to be very hard to achieve and not given much (think top group or two in each category and top 5 for soloists). Platinums were given out like candy. The one we were at was sold out, and we had dances get Platinum at this comp that had never gotten more than a High Gold previously.
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the info, ladies.  DD is headed to Rainbow in a couple of weeks and we haven't been there in years.  I was wondering what goes on there.
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Dancer of the Year is offered both in intermediate and elite. I think, if I recall the e-mail that went out correctly, DoY is $30-35 per solo. No idea about photogenic, but I'd guess the same price range. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.