Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Obviously things change per season and per city. However when have the 8 and under rising stars and 9-11 elite solos competed when you have gone? Trying to see when two of our girls may compete, hoping same day.

Also, is title included in registration or do you have to choose that separately/register at the comp?
I didn’t pay attention when SO was registering last night and forgot to ask. I think I saw a drop down where it asked what type of registration and it stated Dancer of the year. It was $138 for the solo.
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We don’t do Rainbow anymore but last two times we did, I believe that younger age group performed on Friday afternoon. The juniors I thought were on Saturday am. As for title we had to sign up at time of registration and it was extra money, but I don’t remember how much. Rainbow and KAR are expensive comps!!!!
jule425

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Last 2 times we've done Rainbow junior elite solos were Sunday AM. The other time we attended, she was an intermediate mini and her solo was Friday AM. I believe that year the elite juniors were Sunday night because they were accomodating a studio who's seniors had prom that weekend. Title is a preregistration thing. Oh, and Rainbow and KAR both have a rebate if you sign up a certain amount ahead. (I'm assuming this was the whole studio.) Last year both KAR and Rainbow gave 20% off knocking that $138 solo to $110 which is more in line with other comps.

shan860

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We did Rainbow last year and while my DD was an Elite Junior, I can't help much with scheduling because it was a very small, 1 day event and she performed her solo early evening. I can say that we did pay for Dancer of the Year at the event and if I remember correctly it was $40.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I think my dd's elite senior solo was Sunday night. Other ages/levels I can't remember because it was 2 years ago.
Rainbow does have great video! They take the video a tiny bit from above so you can see even the back row dancers. I suggest if you're going to get video from just one comp, get the video at Rainbow.
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My DD competed the last two years in Omaha and usually beginner and intermediate level solos are Friday night at our location and I think l all advanced were on Sunday. She competed Dancer of The Year and it was an additional cost along with a solo entry! Hope that helped answer your question! Also take advantage of the photo and video, it’s great quality and the cheapest out of all competitions!!
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Everyone else mentioning their Photo and video, I remember they were really good! And they gave a big discount if you ordered a package.
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
It will only be her 2nd comp of the season, so we will see how she does with it. But we are doing KAR in June so good to know pics and videos are worth it. I won’t buy the first one and save that $ for Rainbow. I learned to not buy the first comp haha. She needs to get it out there before feeling 100% comfortable.
Billpayer2000

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
Everyone else mentioning their Photo and video, I remember they were really good! And they gave a big discount if you ordered a package.

Very good pics and video. I believe $15 per routine.  They give them to you on a flash drive and they were even easy to share.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.