Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Shadamae

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone know what happens to The Pulse Dance convention? The website is inactive and my studio just told us it was “gone”. My daughter and some other students have scholarships for a free convention so we’re wondering what will happen....if anything. They said they’re supposedly honoring them for another venue but our studio isn’t the best at being on top of stuff like this.
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Rumor is that they are done, but I don't think there has been an official announcement or statement. A few other conventions have stepped up to honor the scholarships. I think Revel may be one of them. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Sorry to hear this. When dd left competition for ballet, I took her to a convention each year for a few years. The Pulse was one we went to a few times. 
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydancemom
Rumor is that they are done, but I don't think there has been an official announcement or statement. A few other conventions have stepped up to honor the scholarships. I think Revel may be one of them. 

Wow. We were going to go this year. Do you know why?
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I heard they are done and that there are a lot of people waiting on refunds from them and can't get a hold of anyone. I also heard that Revel and I think Titans of Dance are honoring their scholarships but in would email them to be sure.
DMSO

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
The unofficial word is the owner needed to step away from the day to day operation of the convention this past year due to health reasons. The persons in charge ran the business into the ground. Lots of accusations of teachers not getting paid, events cancelled with huge delays with refunds, the list goes on. It's been a hot button issue because Pulse went radio silent after handing out 100s of scholarships to studio owners to give to their students as awards. No word was coming from Pulse for months while SOs scrambled to get answers. One well respected teacher finally went public with some of the behind-the-scenes which angered a few in the industry, lots of finger pointing, some conventions swooped in amid the chaos to self-promote, teachers up in arms, SOs angered, etc. It wasn't pretty....
Shadamae

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
This just in. I received a reply from Pulse about what’s going to happen. They are currently moving to a new management company and reopening and will have registration open soon. Emails will go out and an official statement of what’s going to happen will go out too. I wonder if this will be good or bad. We will find out soon I guess.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
This didn't effect me or my kids, but it's wild to me that they aren't even addressing what happened last year publicly. I would want to hear a statement before I decided to give them any of my money.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
This didn't effect me or my kids, but it's wild to me that they aren't even addressing what happened last year publicly. I would want to hear a statement before I decided to give them any of my money.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Just got an email from them. Their registration is open yet they have no confirmed faculty. I think it's gross that they would expect people to give them one dime.

Shadamae

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
That’s weird because when I looked yesterday they had all the faculty listed. What a cluster. So sad because it was one of our favorite conventions to go to. So sad that it just crapped the bed.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.