Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd still contribute.

DD just uses a normal suitcase and a collapsible tripod from Walmart. Works just fine for us, not as big or heavy, fits what we need, and a lot cheaper.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Missed this thread the 1st time. 

1) Which rolling dance bag do you have? medium Dream Duffle 

2) Does it lean to the side when you hang a lot of costumes on it?  if it leans it is very little because I've never noticed.
Taffygirl

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 
DD used a medium Dream Duffel for many years, it was one of the best purchases we ever made, however the rack did tilt a bit. The racks on the ones that came out a couple of years later seemed sturdier. When it was time to get something new (the wheels were a mess and couldn't be fixed), we went with a Pack2Rack, mostly because it can be stored under a bed when not in use. Dream Duffel and Pack2Rack are both good quality and have good sales. I got both on sale.
Majorette76mom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #29 
I know this thread is old but has anyone has any experience with the new Dream Duffel "Recital" rack duffel? I like some of the features on paper but can't find any customer reviews.
Kayleemom9

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I am interested in the recital bag too.
2girls

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyDance
My daughter has an Ovation Gear bag and it doesn't lean.  The rack seems taller than some of the other bags.  It's pretty new, but we are happy with it.

I just looked up this bag as I hadn't seen it before. I love that it folds for storage! 
QueenTakaya

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #32 
I actually found a diy link on Pinterest & decided to experiment. Making my DD's dance bag was very inexpensive & her rack is very sturdy & has never leaned. We are going on 3 years now, with no issues. There are several DIY YouTube videos that can help you along the way. Here's the link that we used. Instead of painting the rack, my daughter & niece chose to decorate theirs with decorative duct tape. Many of their friends have transitioned to the DIY bags now.

http://pin.it/wEJuaWA
kls1972

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #33 
I have had a dream duffel and a diva dolly however we are now using a dance tower, and I love it. It stand up And has pockets for organization.
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Had a DIY version using PVC and the carry on dream duffel for years.  Just recently upgraded to the glam'r gear, standard size and I am beyond impressed. This design seems to correct many of the things that were flaws in other designs.  I was interested in the ovation, but it was just way bigger than we needed (it is 33 inches long). The standard glam'r gear is 26 and will hold plenty.  My daughter is 13 now, so the big, poofy and cutesy costumes are no more. Was able to buy a factory second at a pretty good savings. The bag can be zipped shut while the rack is up. The interior is light grey, so it is not a black hole of lost accessories. The rack is taller and does not lean. Includes a privacy curtain. It has an insulated pocket.  It is soft sided, but does not collapse.  Her teammates have all the different bags, and this one is worth the price difference.  I am very conservative about spending money on these types of things as I would rather invest in classes, shoes, etc than a bag.  Glam'r Gear is worth it. 
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kls1972
I have had a dream duffel and a diva dolly however we are now using a dance tower, and I love it. It stand up And has pockets for organization.

a dance tower?  I've never heard of it!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandafarris03

a dance tower?  I've never heard of it!

http://www.gritinc.net/dance-tower

Looks kind of like a large knapsack.
LevelUpDance

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Rack Monsters dance bag
Overloaded

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsealover
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd still contribute.

DD just uses a normal suitcase and a collapsible tripod from Walmart. Works just fine for us, not as big or heavy, fits what we need, and a lot cheaper.

This is what we use too, it takes up less space in a tight dressing room too. Some of our other dancers have switched to this as well, after struggling to find space for their large bags.
suedaly

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Large Rac n Roll love it, no leaning, 10 nicely
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #40 
I have a Medium Dream Duffel and it’s amazing and stays up straight!
QueenMauw

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom

http://www.gritinc.net/dance-tower

Looks kind of like a large knapsack.

This is the one we have. We often have small change spaces so I like that it's easy to work out of the bag as the costumes are all hanging there and then the "door" keeps everything else easily accessible. 
heartmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
I have two medium dream duffels, bought about 5 years apart. I swear the new Dream Duffels lean less than the old ones did. That said, it's the only good thing about the newer ones. The old ones were sturdier!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.