Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
mapela27

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I saw a lot of leaning garment racks at this past weekend's competition, so I'd like to take a little poll if that is ok. None of these racks were falling over, just leaning slightly... so I don't think the bag owners were having trouble with them functionally. I did notice, however, that our older dance company members who had the most costumes on our team brought larger/ stable rolling garment racks instead of using the rack in their dance bags and wonder if the leaning rack could be the reason.

1) Which rolling dance bag do you have?

2) Does it lean to the side when you hang a lot of costumes on it?
dancer1234

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
1) small dream duffel    2) No, but never hung more than 10 or 12 small girl's costumes (was only intended for 5)

Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We have a large Dream Duffel. In addition, we use the height extenders (DD is 6' tall) and the side extender. On the side extender, we hang the accessory caddy. We put between 9-12 costumes on it. I have not seen a problem with leaning. May be because the shoe bag and Caboodle are kept in the bottom and they both weigh a lot. I am really happy with our Dream Duffel. My only beef is the black fabric lining the interior. It makes it hard to find tiny things.

We used to use a rolling rack, but it broke. DD is a senior. The other two seniors on the team use a rolling rack. We all started competing together at about the same time. We were at a smaller studio and didn't think we needed to invest in a Dream Duffel. They didn't buy a Dream Duffel because, it's not broke, don't fix it. Maybe that's why the older girls you saw used rolling racks?
HTownDanceMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We have the large RacNRoll.  Yes ours did lean, but I contacted customer service and they replaced the pole and we are not having this issue anymore.  hanging 7 costumes in garment bags and a few extras that pop up on our rack from other dancers with no more issues.
rubydancemom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We use a large Pack2Rack. No leaning. It holds 8 complete costumes from the hanging rack, a mirror, and accessory bag. I hang shoes and tights in each garment bag as well.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We have a medium Dream Duffle and it does lean a bit but we have had it for 8 years now and it has been used a lot!
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Small dream duffel. Yes it leans a little. Just put something under the bag on the low side and it evens out fine.
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I had a Medium Dream Duffle for 3 years. Yes it leaned a little but It could hold 15 costumes with no issues. My daughter had 8 costumes last year. We shared our rack with several other dancers as they only had a couple dances and their parents did not want to buy a Dream Duffle.

This year I have a Large Dream Duffle which doesn't lean. My daughter has 12 dances this year and we needed a larger bag.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
All Dream Duffels lean. It used to say that somewhere on their website but I can't find where now.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
We have a large Dream Duffel. In addition, we use the height extenders (DD is 6' tall) and the side extender. On the side extender, we hang the accessory caddy. We put between 9-12 costumes on it. I have not seen a problem with leaning. May be because the shoe bag and Caboodle are kept in the bottom and they both weigh a lot. I am really happy with our Dream Duffel. My only beef is the black fabric lining the interior. It makes it hard to find tiny things. We used to use a rolling rack, but it broke. DD is a senior. The other two seniors on the team use a rolling rack. We all started competing together at about the same time. We were at a smaller studio and didn't think we needed to invest in a Dream Duffel. They didn't buy a Dream Duffel because, it's not broke, don't fix it. Maybe that's why the older girls you saw used rolling racks?

We had to take the height extender off because if we used it and hung over 4 or 5 costumes on it, it would topple over.  I tried everything to make it work.  Bought better screws...tried to use a stabilizer clasp...duct tape....nothing worked.  The instability seemed to come from deep in the bag.  The vertical bars are great...but the height one just never worked for us.
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Have a large dream duffel. Leans a little but it is in its 9th season. Holds 13 costumes at competition. At recital the rack holds 20+ with same lean. LOVE the dream duffel!!!
LeapYear0208

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Regular Size Glam R Gear, doesn't lean. I LOVE it! It is way better than friends bags.
DragonflyDance

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
My daughter has an Ovation Gear bag and it doesn't lean.  The rack seems taller than some of the other bags.  It's pretty new, but we are happy with it.
burghmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
All Dream Duffels lean a little bit to one side.  They say it is because of the wheels or something.  Nothing to worry about though.  I love mine and don't know how I functioned without it. 
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
we made one with pvc pipe.
.::Boo::.

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
We're on our 2nd season with the Ovation Gear bag and have had no issues. The rack on it is really sturdy.
dancedivasx2

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Medium Rac n roll. No leaning. 6 costumes and 1 hanging cosmetic case.
mom24

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I have 4 dancers.  We have one XL Dream Duffel and one Simply Caddy.  I MUCH prefer the Caddy.  It's really lightweight, but sturdy, so much easier to maneuver and lift in and out of the car.  Even my littlest can roll the Caddy, but the Duffel is much harder to deal with.  The two hold about the same amount, but somehow the Dream Duffel seems like a big black hole that everything gets lost in, whereas the Caddy is easy to get in and out of bc the costume rack is offset.  The Caddy somehow seems flimsy and I was a bit disappointed when we first got it, but it has held up better than the Duffel (which has a broken handle and is on its second rack.)
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
We got rid of both the large Dream duffels. Now we just use a suitcase and a Caboodle. We even got rid of the Stanley. Large racks are great if you have a ton of costumes...we were at 24 one year...but now, with just the one DD, 6 dances over 3 days doesn't necessitate one. I need a special something for the tutus though.
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Pack2Rack

No leaning and higher rack so costumes don't sit in the bottom of the bag. LOVE IT! Last year I had probably 9 or 10 costumes on my rack with no problems.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Used rolling racks for years but I swear the brand I used is not making them as sturdy as they used to! Got fed up with racks breaking (in the snow!) and having to buy new ones . It created a lot of needless stress. I finally splurged on a medium Dream Duffle which I've been very happy with .  I put 8 costumes on it but often other girls put theirs on as well. Have had good luck so far! I'm very happy with my purchase!

01balletmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Is facebook a good place to sell her dream duffel? we have a small blue polk a dot that I'm trying to sell but not sure where I may be able to?
AusDM

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Medium sized Dream Duffel.  

Frustratingly, the rack mechanism on one size hasn't latched properly since the day we bought it, so it can collapse at any moment regardless of whether we have 1 costume or 8 hanging on it.

daydreamer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusDM

Medium sized Dream Duffel.  

Frustratingly, the rack mechanism on one size hasn't latched properly since the day we bought it, so it can collapse at any moment regardless of whether we have 1 costume or 8 hanging on it.

I'm not sure how long ago you bought it but when I had trouble with my top bar after I purchased they sent me a new one out right away. If it's been a long time since you purchased I think a replacement for the side costs $10 on their website.
peppersmom67

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Medium dream duffel. No leaning or any other issues. Love it!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: