Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LJK2dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Fellow Dance Moms / Dads!

Last year I used a VERY helpful website to help find auditions for ballet summer intensives and I am going crazy trying to find it again for the upcoming audition season. On the site you would enter the type of dance and the travel radius you were looking at as well as relevant dates and the site would list every audition that met your search criteria. It was awesome!

Can anyone help me?
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I use this one:  https://www.balletauditions.org/
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I remember that site last year  There was no fee for it, and it was very helpful.

LJK2dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
I use this one:  https://www.balletauditions.org/

I am aware of that one - the website I used was free and did not require a logon.
mom2tall

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I know which one you mean! Our computer crashed and I lost my bookmarks and can't find it for the life of me.  I looked for the post with the link over at Ballet Talk and can't find it. Did you look here?  It was by 2 dancers and their dad or something and was free.  I dished out for the pay site this year given DD is 17 and looking for dance next year but its not an easy to use site.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

BTW, @mom2tall, I did email the owners of the balletauditions.org site recently because I wasn't seeing many auditions that were not SI auditions. I rejoined specifically to see company auditions in various cities as we are trying to arrange dd's schedule with making flight arrangements, etc. They did say that they are double checking the SI auditions and then will get to work on the non-SI auditions.

Hoping someone remembers that other site! 

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
OK.. just minutes later, I found it!!

http://www.smarterdancer.com/auditions

The only issue is that they don't seem to have populated the database beyond Ailey and Alabama. 
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
balletauditions.org didn't used to charge but now they do.  That may be the confusion.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I got all excited when you posted smarter dancer, but it isn't working well. Oh, well. I'll just do my legwork the old fashioned way I guess!
mom2tall

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Yes Smarterdancer is the website we were all looking for. It's too bad they aren't updating it this year but that is a huge task.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I can't complain about a free site not updating, but I am getting impatient waiting for the site I paid for to update. Dd is doing some company auditions. I was looking forward to entering a city and seeing what auditions are there and when. Company auditions begin in early Jan, like SI auditions and continue for months, but many are in that same time frame. Because she will need to travel to 99% of them, we want to start making arrangements now. Obviously, not depending on the site, but getting increasingly annoyed that I paid for a service that is not going to be of any benefit to us. I suspect by the time they get the company auditions loaded on the site, we will have already found all that information on our own. 

And yes, I have already contacted them and been assured that they would be available soon. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
A little update..

I emailed the smarterdancer.com website folks. They plan to update the database shortly. Got behind with Nutcracker and life in general. 

Now if only the site I actually paid for would do the same!
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Tendumom, I am contemplating paying to join the audition website, but I'm wondering if they have added the company auditions yet.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Just checked and they are finally up! Glad you asked. I  looked a few days ago and they weren't there, but they are now. 
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks! I guess I will join. I'm not sure how many auditions my daughter will be able to attend with her current commitments, but she would like to do a few and might even attend a summer program if she receives a scholarship.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.