Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
I'm at the point where I just want to go to a competition where mistakes aren't made in scoring/overall tallies, and the judges don't know any of the kids in the competition.  Simple, straightforward, and seemingly not going to happen any time soon.
SlackerMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #27 
What is BTF?
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerMom
What is BTF?

Break The Floor... that's the main organization that owns Nuvo, Jump, 24 Seven, and the Dance Awards... among other things that it's part of.
PastrySugar

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Hollywood Connection
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom
I'm at the point where I just want to go to a competition where mistakes aren't made in scoring/overall tallies, and the judges don't know any of the kids in the competition.  Simple, straightforward, and seemingly not going to happen any time soon.

Ha!  After eight years, I see more and more situations where judges know and/or have worked with dancers they are judging.  Although, it seems more prevalent at conventions. At nationals this past summer, the judge didn't bother to try to hide it. One more thing I will not miss when I am no longer a dance mom in 2 months.

jjjgirls

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Dancers Inc. and Groove have been our favorites. Their staffs both seem genuinely interested in the positive development and growth of our dancers. It's not ALL about the competition, or for that matter, the dancing.
As far as conventions, my daughter's favorite has been NYCDA, but again, it goes beyond just the dancing - she loved the "good moral lesson" from one of the instructors. That's the kind of stuff that she'll carry with her no matter where she goes in life.
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjgirls
Dancers Inc. and Groove have been our favorites. Their staffs both seem genuinely interested in the positive development and growth of our dancers. It's not ALL about the competition, or for that matter, the dancing. As far as conventions, my daughter's favorite has been NYCDA, but again, it goes beyond just the dancing - she loved the "good moral lesson" from one of the instructors. That's the kind of stuff that she'll carry with her no matter where she goes in life.

We enjoy Groove too. Last year was our first year attending and we ended up at the Nationals as a replacement for where we were supposed to go because we were that impressed with their comp. 
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Elite Performance Challenge. Very organized, runs on time, in fact , often runs early.  Judgements are fair and judges are experienced. They also run the Excel in Motion convention featuring the SYTYCD dancers which are fun and educational for the kids.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: