Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I am grateful that my dd (14) has the opportunity to practice partnering. I know this is an important part of dance training.  She is comfortable, has a suitable partner, and doesn't have any hesitation about dancing with a boy.  So all of that is really good.

But I'm worried about my mom eyes after watching a recent contemporary combo.  Any other parents have a - whoa, that's my kid moment? As in - that's my kid doing grown up romantic moves?  Do I get used to it, or is it always going to be weird for me?
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 

I get it... but yeah, you'll get used to it [smile] 

eta: My dd is partnering with men 15-20 yrs her senior in a few holiday shows.  Now THAT should be interesting to see  lol

prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh no Heidi! Men!!! That’s a whole new level.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
DD was partnering with 18-45 year olds at 12 and they were all professional dancers.  Not that many kids get that opportunity so young.  They have partnering for ages 9 and up now. Invaluable experience. 
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
Oh no Heidi! Men!!! That’s a whole new level.

One is a Sugar Plum pas w/her 40 something yo teacher (who just happens to be a former professional/principal w/ABT & BB) so that's not creepy so much as just hard to wrap my head around.  The other 2 are w/30 something yo company members (I hesitate to call them professional only because it gives the wrong impression). One is in Waltz of the Flowers & they're mostly waltzing & lifting so nothing really uncomfortable there.  But one is a rather sexy sulty Arabian pas.... & I honestly don't even know how they're going to pull that one off w/out laughing.  They've become rather good buddies tbh (as odd as I'm sure that sounds).  I really can't wait to see this. 

dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459

One is a Sugar Plum pas with her 40 something yo teacher (former professional with ABT and BB) so that's not creepy in any way, just hard to wrap my head around.  The other two are w/30 something yo company members (I hesitate to call them professional only because it gives the wrong impression). One is in Waltz of the Flowers and they're mostly waltzing and lifting so no biggie there.  But one is a rather sexy sulty Arabian.... and I honestly don't even know how they're going to pull that one off without laughing.  They've become rather good buddies tbh (as odd as I'm sure that sounds).  I can't wait to see this. 

Ah, yes, that proud Dance Dad moment when your precious daughter becomes scantily clad member of an Arabian Harem!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.