Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
elastigal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
How do you pack fluffy costumes? DD8 has four comp costumes this year and all of them have fluffy tulle skirts on them (no platter tutu thankfully!). Last year she only had two costumes, both with fluffy skirts and I had no issues, but when I brought these four new ones home this weekend I ended up turning them upside down so that the skirts fell to form a bundle and packed them that way. Seemed to work but wanted to check with you all to see if there's a better/different way that you pack these things in your dance bags. I plan on putting them in clear garment bags to pack in her dance bag. Laid flat so that the skirts form a circle two of them are wider than the 16" width of my bag. Thanks!
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I turn the fluffy skirts inside out and hold them or hang them from the underwear part if that makes sense?
momcrew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdancemom
I turn the fluffy skirts inside out and hold them or hang them from the underwear part if that makes sense?

I do the same. I travel with them in garment bags but take them out as soon as we arrive. I also keep them out of the bags when at home. 
elastigal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Right now I have all hanging that way in the closet (have to keep them away from the cat!) not in bags either. I was thinking I would put them that way and roll them in the garment bag to travel with and then hang them properly on the rack once we get the venue.
beachgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I just pack them into 2.5 gallon zip lock bags for the weekend and hang them in between competitions. None have lost their fluff yet!
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I hang them similarly. Then the night before competition i hang them normally in the garment bag and pack then. When we get there depending on time until it is performed I often unpack and hang upside down again but just make sure I get it hanging the right way before she has to get it on so there are no frustrations if I'm helping her little sister or not in the room.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: