Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
PEDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
There is a strong possibility that we will be relocating to the Orlando/Windermere area by the next school year. My DD has been dancing for 7 years and is now 14 and we are looking for a competive dance studio that focuses on training and technique and not just a ton of groups.
I would appreciate recommendations on studios that have solid training and technique and that also offer a good ballet program. We are willing to travel within the Orlando Area.
Thank you in advance for any recommendations!
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Skyra Studios sounds like just what you are looking for.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel
Skyra Studios sounds like just what you are looking for.

Robby Dominguez was just there! He is awesome!

I've never heard of Skyra Studios, is it new? Do they compete at regular ole dance comps?
kradonov

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We used to live in Florida and I remember seeing In Motion Dance Project at competitions and their dancers had good technique.  They also do AMAZING production pieces!

Shooting Stars is another big studio there, but they seem to do a ton of group dances and feature the same two people every time.
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
1tinydancer, Skyra is new. They are too far away from where we live, but it's a beautiful space with stellar teachers.
frogerella

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My daughter goes to In Motion Dance Project and we highly recommend the studio.  This is her 4th year there (she's 10) and they definitely focus on training and technique.  They just expanded their ballet program this year to include pre-pointe and pre-pro levels.  I think they have videos on their FB page from this summer's dance intensives.
PEDanceMom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Frogerella, does the studio require of a ton of groups and regional comps?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.