Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD is not competing this year but I'm dying to hear what the most used songs are, the surprisingly still in use songs, the songs you heard that you loved. Anything you'd care to share.
owensamo

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I probably shouldn't have been surprised, but I've already heard Hallelujah during the Olympics (Team Figure Skating). I don't think we've had a single competition that it hasn't been played since DD started competing - she's 15, so that's pretty much been the whole last decade! 
dncemom01

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #3 
Anything is the mini/jr category that is beach party related!!!!! Throw them in a bikini/bathing suit even worse. Every comp has at least 1
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Can I ask about one that I've been wondering about?  My DD is a huge fan of Pitch Perfect, and was thinking of doing a "Cups" routine (possibly song and dance, or maybe just tap).  I saw one or two on Youtube, but is this one that will irritate people?

Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I don't feel I can really give a good answer, but in general I say that life is short, dance for yourself first. If your priority is not annoying random people on a thread like this then worry about it... but what I think is more important is what you said. She is a huge fan of pitch perfect. If it would make her heart happy to get to dance to that, then I wouldn't think twice and I wouldn't care one bit what anyone else thought. She should enjoy it !
LilMama

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Our studio likes to use popular songs for the mini/junior groups. Think Bathing Beauties and Showoff etc. We often reuse songs for solos and we usually place well. I think that’s part of the reason teachers don’t bother to try or think of more unique songs...
Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm such a music nut, that would make me so sad, LilMama. So many amazing songs just waiting to be used.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I heard Salute played for the US women's Olympic team so I wonder if that one will get popular.  DD15 had a group number to that one last year so SO is ahead of the game if it does.  I had never heard it before so it was cool to hear it on TV last night.
dancemomny

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
The Climb was superrrrr overplayed at our comp last weekend. So was Dear Future Husband
Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
dancemomny, Dear Future Husband still? Wow ! Thought that one had finally run its course.
Rebelina

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2miracles
I heard Salute played for the US women's Olympic team so I wonder if that one will get popular.  DD15 had a group number to that one last year so SO is ahead of the game if it does.  I had never heard it before so it was cool to hear it on TV last night.

One of our tap groups is dancing to this song this season.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I heard Gravity several times. . . . That was the only one that seemed over used.  I expect that when we get to YAGP there will be lots of dances to songs without any melody that are mostly synthesizer. 
AusDM

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We're already preparing ourselves for The Greatest Showman soundtrack to make a regular appearance.
joriebelle

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #14 
I am still hearing the creepy Everybody Wants to Run the World version - twice at the Olympics too - and am pretty sick of that.
dancemomny

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
also, forgot to say that we heard Grown by Little Mix alot. It seems to be very common the past few seasons...
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorax
DD is not competing this year but I'm dying to hear what the most used songs are, the surprisingly still in use songs, the songs you heard that you loved. Anything you'd care to share.

Not competing this year either. 

Parts of it, I don't miss.  Parts of it, I most certainly do!
Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
I am still hearing the creepy Run the World version - twice at the Olympics too - and am pretty sick of that.  

Who sings the creepy version? I haven't heard it (honestly I love creepy versions usually). This is the "Who Run  The World... Girls" song but done creepy? ! I'm intrigued.
Lorax

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
dave9988, I'm noticing a few things with this year off; improved health overall for my dancer at this time of year. In past years this part of the calendar year has been one train wreck or another of strep or flu or stomach bugs. I think the time off has equaled better health. 

I'm going to miss not having pictures in costume under lights, so I'm going to spend a fraction of the cost and book a professional shoot for the first time. 

I do miss getting to see the innovative choreography. Someone at every event usually impresses me with their creativity or song selection or message. But I know that will all be there if/ when we resume.

I am very much enjoying not writing all those checks going into summer. I'm able to say yes to a lot of things that last year I had to say no to.
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:

Who sings the creepy version? I haven't heard it (honestly I love creepy versions usually). This is the "Who Run  The World... Girls" song but done creepy? ! I'm intrigued.

Maybe she meant “RULE the world”?
joriebelle

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:

OOPS!  I meant the creepy version of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.