Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone with experience doing the Summer Intensive associated with the Triple Threat award at NYCDA. I’m not talking about the outstanding dancer...I’m talking about their 2 week Intensive.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My DD attended last summer and loved, loved, loved it. It was her summer before starting college. Do you have specific questions? FYI ODs and Triple Threats have automatic acceptance but stil need to do a video which is a bit annoying.
cypressmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
What did she love about it? How are the class sizes?
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
She loved all the classes. Loves NYCDA in general so the faculty she knows and loves. She got vocal lessons and enjoyed singing more than she thought. It's a very well run program. You aren't allowed to go anywhere alone but every night there are different activities to choose from like frozen yogurt outings, Ballet X in central park, Cupcakes by Melissa. Even just Dwayne Read outings. Sunday is their only day off. DD chose to do Coney Island during the day and Little Italy at night. Because you can't go off alone you get to know everyone really well and make lots of friends.
I can't remember class size...maybe 15 to 20?? It's a pretty well rounded program and you get ballet everyday.

dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I just want to say I always find it odd when someone comes here to ask about something and then just doesn't come back to it. 
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Are you referring to me?

I work 70 hours per week. I don’t spend my life on the board. I didn’t realize there was a time clock associated with posting.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
judie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I was wondering about the outings. How often do they go, to where, etc.

She’s going to be 15, so I don’t know if she is too young...especially compared to other kids who are going.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
They don't go anywhere unsupervised. Everything is done in groups with a chaperone. I answered above some of the places they go. She is not too young at all. There will be many kids her own age. You're welcome :) I think I was the only one who responded lol.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.