Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm pretty sure our DD11 will want to visit a great dance shop while we are in NYC.  Last time we were there, we visited the Capezio flagship store.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

The new Bloch store across from Lincoln Center. The Grishko store usually has an interesting selection of leotards- it's on 50th between 8th and 9th if I recall correctly. The Sansha store is just a few blocks away and also usually has a varied selection of dancewear.

There's also the Chacott store around 22nd on the east side (tends to be pricey) and the Long Island City Freed Warehouse in Queens (the sale room sometimes has great deals, it really varies). There's also the Yumiko store (obviously pricey). 

OnStage Dancewear is around Madison Ave. Tiny store but jam packed. 

We've also visited the OxyJen workroom in Manhattan, in the Herald Square area. That was a few years ago. Don't know if they are still there or not. 

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
The Capezio flagship store is the biggest dancewear store in Manhattan. All the others are smaller, and most carry mainly their own brand. The Grishko and Sansha stores are both fairly short walks from there and easy to combine in one visit. 
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
DD loved visiting the Yumiko store when we were in NYC last summer.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Definitely check out Class In - near Lincoln Center.  Cheaper than Yumi and you can create your own leos.
52 W 72nd St # 2C, New York, NY 10023
Phone:(212) 579-2285
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Definitely check out Class In - near Lincoln Center.  Cheaper than Yumi and you can create your own leos.
52 W 72nd St # 2C, New York, NY 10023
Phone:(212) 579-2285

They have some very pretty leos online!  
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I forgot Class In! They have even more styles and combinations in the store. And you can always order something in person if they don't have a color combination she likes. They are MUCH faster than Yumiko with custom leos.
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Yeah! I think we have a winner!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
No trip to NYC would be complete without going to the Yumiko store for us!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
If we were in NYC we would hit up Jo+Jax. It's my daughter's favorite dancewear. 
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
No trip to NYC would be complete without going to the Yumiko store for us!

Great store if it wasn't always 400 degrees in there.  Last time I just gave the kid my card and told her I would meet her outside....which thinking about it, wasn't a smart thing to do.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
We usually end up at the Grishko store and get something there. It's a weird store where you have to be buzzed in.  It feels like you are doing something illicit.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We haven't been impressed with the capezio store.  It's big, but nothing is different than you could get elsewhere or easily online.

Class in on the other hand has leos that are special and cheaper than yumikos.  It's a tiny place but the leos are gorgeous. 
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee

Great store if it wasn't always 400 degrees in there.  Last time I just gave the kid my card and told her I would meet her outside....which thinking about it, wasn't a smart thing to do.

TRhe key is to not go in the summer [wink] but yes we've spent many a sweaty afternoon in there. It's just too good to pas up.
IteachM

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We visited Class In this week and scored 3 gorgeous leos.  2 that were ready in the shop and designed one to be shipped to us in a couple weeks.  Very reasonable and great quality.  The gentleman working in the shop was very nice and helpful too. Thanks to all for helping!! 

ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IteachM
We visited Class In this week and scored 3 gorgeous leos.  2 that were ready in the shop and designed one to be shipped to us in a couple weeks.  Very reasonable and great quality.  The gentleman working in the shop was very nice and helpful too. Thanks to all for helping!! 

Good!!  My dd and I had so much fun there after her first trip to SAB. We were there for hours, literally.  And the guy that was there way back then was super helpful.  They are so much less expensive than the Yumis - I don't think they hold up quite as long, but the lower cost and the fun of all the different crazy fabric make it worth it. Glad you found a few!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: