Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey everyone,
I just had to share what an amazing weekend we had! A few of us added Nuvo as an Optional convention this past weekend. Unfortunately our solo's didn't get in (we registered too late and they were full). But we still attended the convention. My daughter was in the mini room (her last year before moving up to junior) and she not only made the finals in the breakout audition, but she was one of 4 girls who won!!! It was absolutely surreal! There were so many kids. Well over 100 in there. Possibly closer to 150 as I saw many numbers going as high as 147 in the room. But don't know the official count. But regardless, it was absolutely unexpected and amazing. [smile] I'm still in awe and so proud of her!!! Thanks for listening!

ETA: this kiddo of mine has always struggled to memorize choreography a bit. But she has worked so hard and this past year it has really started to show. [smile]
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Congratulations to your daughter! That's wonderful!
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Awww that's great! Congrats. That's a big deal at NUVO.
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you both! Yes, it felt like a big deal. I'm still in shock. Such an awesome weekend.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Yay! That's awesome!
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Good for her!  Nuvo is the best of the best!
Dancerfun

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
Good for her!  Nuvo is the best of the best!

Thank you!!! Yes Nuvo always brings in amazing dancers! She's always been a bit natural with performance ability and flexibility, but after starting a pre-professional ballet program this year, she is just really taking off with her technique! Still a long way to go but progressing wonderfully. I'm in awe. I Know she won't likely get this far every time (maybe never again) but we will certainly enjoy this moment for now. [smile]
amybeth

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We will be there this weekend !
I hope my son wins a scholarship!!
BreezysMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: