Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Just saw a bit of a run through (albeit through a window) and caught most of dd dancing Dewdrop. So lovely that I teared up a little! 
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
Started to post this on FB, but then thought again because I know it was going to come across as braggy to some people I know: I am SO STINKING PROUD of DD11 for how she is doing this weekend in her Nutcracker performances! I mean, I'm proud of both girls, but DD11 has a moderately big role - she's a Jester, which is the demi-solo for Polichinelles, and is therefore also in the divertissment and the finale. So she's on stage a lot more than ever before in the second half, and she is doing a great job (in my obviously biased opinion). I think she's the youngest one in that kind of role this year, and seeing her on stage in the finale tonight with all of the teenagers, even though she is all the way in the back corner, made me all sorts of teary-eyed. Add to that that DD8 remembered to smile in angels today, which is huge since she has been jokingly dubbed "the serious angel" by the teacher, and it was just a good day in general. I am really looking forward to tomorrow's show, since their dad finally gets to see them - his work schedule has kept him away from all of the rehearsals and shows so far.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Back from Portland and I have to say this year's Nutcracker performance was even better than last year.  I only got to see performances on the day after Christmas and all 3 balconies were open. The matinee was sold out and received a very long standing ovation and the evening show had over 2000 people in the audience, which really surprised me.  I'm so grateful that I got to go.  Some of these photos are similar to last year because dd had the same parts (different spots, but same overall parts), so here they are:
IMG_4501.JPG 
Snow - dd is second from left
IMG_4431.JPG 
Flowers - dd is second from left (again)
  IMG_4487.JPG  
Spanish (dd is on the left)
IMG_4542.JPG   

Party Parent (second from left - and 5 minutes to curtain and they are posing for photos [smile])
IMG_4477.JPG 
Best Friends and almost done!
Still hoping the photographer that took photos at dress may have gotten some shots of dd but he is still editing.

crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Ballerinamom13 - thanks for posting the pictures. Your dd is lovely.
iceberg*lover

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Lovely!, DDUsed to dance with someone in OBTII we've seen some of those pics on IG - same costumes different dancers!

She looks spectacular!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
Love those costumes! 

I can say the same about the costumes on IG. Dd's roommate from an SI is in OBT2 also! 

Dd had an auspicious ending to her run. She was the lead for what others call Marzipan or Dance of the Reed Flutes and she fell flat on her bottom! She bounced up immediately and kept going, of course. It's actually a comedic role and she added some stumbling near the end, for her exit, making it part of her character. She is proud that a member of NYCB who was in the audience (can't believe I already forgot his name) thought it was choreographed! Dd wants to see how it happened so she wants me to buy that performance video. I am torn on which videos to buy. She had a new partner for Dewdrop the first week as her partner had a concussion. They had barely danced the piece together so there was a certain energy to it. Also, this partner was a better height for her than her original partner who came back for her last Dewdrop performance. I wish they were a little cheaper or that I could just buy parts so I could have one of each! 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.