Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DS11 wants to take tap but not happy thinking he would be the only boy in class. Anyone know a school that has a boys only class or a school that happens to have at least a few boys? I've googled it but the only one that came up is 50 minutes away.
Manhattan is only 25-30 min away but I'm not interested in driving into the city.
Thank you!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I can't recommend anything specifically, but thought you might have luck looking for a male instructor. They tend to attract more boys in classes in general.

The NJ Tap Ensemble is located in northern NJ. Take a look at their website and perhaps then research the people who appear on their website. I know Karen Calloway Williams is an excellent teacher for all ages, boys and girls alike. She teaches all over NJ and around the world as well. There are plenty of men associated with the NJTE as well. 
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks that was a good idea but didn't find anyone there that teaches anywhere near me.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Not sure what part of North Jersey you're in, but I think For Dancers Only in Little Falls has a decent amount of boys that tap.
Inspiredby3

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DANJ in lake hopatcong has some boys. The tap department is ran by a male, the son of the owners and does very high level tap and is constantly looking for more boys to join. If your son is 12 and older, he would have boys in his classes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: