Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancingdd

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in northern NJ (10 min from the GW bridge) and my DD8 has been dancing since she was 5. This is her 4th year and she is taking ballet, tap, and hip hop. She loves them all but especially ballet and tap. We are at a non comp school. I thought of switching her but we are sticking with the non comp route and focus on just enjoying the journey wherever it may lead.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome from another Jersey mom! My dd is 14 (almost 15) and is in her 12th year of dance.
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome from VA (soon-to-be NC)!!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome from the Toronto area!  My DD also loves ballet and tap above all else!  There's an interesting article somewhere about tap and ballet complement each other. Seemed such an odd combination to me at first but the article helped it to make sense.  I'll try to dig it up for you.  
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DS isn't dancing anymore (he's 20) but ballet and tap were his favorites and strengths too.
Oreogal

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome! I'm an east coaster too.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Welcome from another Jersey dance mom!

Dd is 18 and no longer lives here. She is a ballet dancer who mainly tolerated tap at your dd's age. She went back to it last year and found she loved it! I've heard from some that the two do not work together and classical ballet dances should not tap, but dd also found they were complementary to each other, strengthening muscles not used in the opposite genre. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.