Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dancemomnebraska

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Husband is possibly getting transferred to work in Manhattan. Considering living in NJ but dance studio is one thing that needs to be close :-). Daughter is 8 and is dancing 10-12 hours a week. Want a good competitive studio without losing focus on ballet. Thank you!
Dancexoxocolleen

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I've heard good things about Dance Academy of North Jersey, and I've competed against them before.
If you happen to consider Long Island instead of Jersey, I have a lot of recommendations since I'm from LI! [smile]
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
DANJ is amazing, they pretty much sweep every where they go. The family that owns it has 3 studios so they are a mega studio. It is not close to NYC though. It is in Sussex Co.
Dancemomnebraska

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancexoxocolleen
I've heard good things about Dance Academy of North Jersey, and I've competed against them before.
If you happen to consider Long Island instead of Jersey, I have a lot of recommendations since I'm from LI! [smile]

We are open to LI too...nothing is set in stone yet. :-)
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Lots of good studios in Northern New Jersey. When you have a clearer idea of what part we can offer more suggestions.
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I don't know anything about dance in northern NJ (hubby has been working there during the week for the past year....one would think I'd know it like my own hometown!) but if you end up in NY state or southern CT Westchester Dance Academy is fantastic.  We've competed against them and they are wonderful to watch.
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Agreed on Westchester. DANJ is phenomenal, too.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
People commute to NYC daily from all over the tri-state area, especially using mass transit. You actually have a wide range of options depending on where you'd want to live and what sort of commute he is looking at. We live in central NJ and many people commute to Manhattan daily from here. People also commute from the shore area by ferries that go right to the Financial District, for ex. Dh commuted to that area by train for years and dd commuted to midtown for dance.

That said, a friend's dd (age 10ish) is at DANJ and it is a very strong studio. Good ballet was a concern when they were looking to move on from their original studio. Her dd was not interested in moving to a ballet school but wanted better technique. It seems like they have both good technique and a supportive environment. 
Zmomj

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I can help with north Jersey. DANJ is great, but not the easiest commute even from their studio in Bergen County. Studio L is a mega (and the only one I've seen beat DANJ) with a big branch in Waldwick which is an easier commute. They are hard core. In The Spotlight is good but not that strong in ballet. The Dancers Edge is tiny but has a growing team and a very strong ballet program. Those are the only ones I would recommend.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.