Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
juliasmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I’ve been putting off getting my 15 year old a dream duffel because they take up so much room and we have no where to store it. I️ was wondering if anyone has purchased the new recital duffel which is collapsible? If so, is it eastyto put together? How’s the quality of the bag seem?
dancemonkey

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
If you don’t mind me asking what year I’m school is your 15 year old? Because my now 17 year old senior in high school hardly uses it. I’d also determine if I’d buy the dream duffel depending on how many dances and how many times you compete. When I had two dancers they each had their own. It was a god send. But if my kid was a sophomore in high school I might just pass.
juliasmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I don’t think she will have more than 7-8 costumes for competition, but she will have 11-12 for her recital, and we usually do 3-4 competitions a year. She’s a freshman in high school. I’m sure we can live without it, but it would be nice to have everything in one place. We’ve been using a hanging bag and her dance bag. The collapsible is also considerably cheaper than the other dream duffels at $123 so I wouldn’t feel as bad about buying to use just a few years. The only thing I don’t like about the dream duffels is sometimes we have to climb several levels of narrow staircases. I had to help her friend carry her large dream duffel to the dressing room and it was so difficult. I decided then I would never get a large. Thank you for your help.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I bought a small dream duffel for a total of $150 including a stool shipping from their refurbished and seconds page. They put them up on Wednesday mornings. The small is much more manageable and, I've been told, holds much more than the webpage description indicates (it's not been used yet- it's a holiday present).  If the costumes are not things like fluffy tutus, I do think you could easily hang 7-8 on the rack.  I agree- the large is way too large to easily manage! 

You might also want to take a look at people reselling them on places like the FB marketplace. I've seen them go up for anywhere from $50 to $150 for various sizes (bummed that I missed getting the one for $50!). 

juliasmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
ThAnks. I might go the factory seconds route. I just like the idea of the collapsible for storage. My daughter doesn't want the collapsible bc you have to put the rack together. Most of her friends just leave their costumes hanging on the rack when transporting and push the whole rack up and down when setting up or leaving. That's what she wants to do.
Aussiekat

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I've actually had a good look at the collapsible. It is easy to put up - just a step or two more and seems just as sturdy. I love how light it is - so much lighter than our dream duffel.
Collapses easy and would fit under a bed.

I also like the light coloured interior. It would make the duffel less of a black hole to find things in
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom
ThAnks. I might go the factory seconds route. I just like the idea of the collapsible for storage. My daughter doesn't want the collapsible bc you have to put the rack together. Most of her friends just leave their costumes hanging on the rack when transporting and push the whole rack up and down when setting up or leaving. That's what she wants to do.

You're really not supposed supposed to push the rack up and down like that. You're supposed to take it apart first. There's how-to videos on the Dream Duffel website. It's not good for the rack.
lucky0003

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #8 
My daughters’ dream duffles have been very handy for moves to and from college so we’re still using them beyond dance. Luckily they moved in on different days this year so both girls used both duffles and only them. No boxes to carry. Their friends were amazed.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My DD is same age and grade. S
he got rid of her M Dream Duffel and we purchased a large rolling duffle that folds flat. We then purchased a plastic folding hanging rack from Walmart for $12. Shaped like a cross. We both love it better. Very sturdy and you can hang a lot of costumes on it.
juliasmom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I bought the collapsible duffel. It was on sale plus dream duffel had an extra percentage off everything. So, I was able to get the personalized one for a little over $120 total with shipping included. She put it together, and it doesn’t seem hard, but we haven’t used it at a competition yet. The rack seems sturdy enough. Right now it’s stored under her bed. That’s the part I liked about it is that it doesn’t take up much room when not in use.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.