Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
kelly5girls

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone have experience with Celebrity Nationals? Been to Celebrity before but not the Nationals. Any tips? Did you like it?
chillydancer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We did Nationals at Sea a couple years ago on the ship sailing from California.  Solos and productions were done on land at the hotel in Long Beach.  Small and large groups competed on the ship.  It was different in that you would dance in the morning and then have to come back late afternoon/early evening for the awards session.  We enjoyed Catalina Island, but not Ensanata.  There was not much to do on the ship we were on. This is the only cruise we have ever been on so I don't have anything to compare it with.  We only had good weather the first day so that was kind of a bummer.  Love Celebrity and it was run very well, but I don't think we would do it again.
dancindaughter

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
DD did Celebrity Nationals a couple of years ago (at 14) departing from TX.  I did not attend with her, so I have no first hand knowledge.  She had a great time (especially in Mexico).  She said the food was not great and the pool was always too crowded to use.  She did enjoy her time on the ship otherwise though.
peachygreen98

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Just out of curiosity, was it any more difficult to dance while at sea?  Did the ships movement cause any problems?
chillydancer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We did not encounter any problems dancing on the ship.  Fortunately the days they danced it was quiet on the sea.  Our last day was a "day at sea" with no competition.  Thankfully that day had no competition because it was very rocky.  I'm not sure they would have been able to dance if there was competition on that day because it was difficult to even walk at times the ship was rocking so much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.